ch-22

Damian's POV

Its been a month since I'm going to school  and today Is maybe no definitely the worst day of my life . today I have to go to my first gala .

Currently I was hiding in one of the trees in the garden ( shh!  Don't tell anyone ) so that I don't have to go . the gala is taking place in the manor as it is held by Bruce to announce my presence to the media and I know that I have to be there as it is held for me but I don't want all the old people there to pinch my cheeks . I once went to a friends party and there were many old people there by the end of the party my cheeks were as red as apples ( of course , I'm talking about ripe apples )

I froze as I heard the sound of throat clearing , I look down to see Bruce looking at me with his hands on his hips with an eyebrow dramatically  Rose ( he looked like the teacher in jumanji : welcome to the jungle , when she caught Bethany on her phone in middle of a quiz........... Her name was Bethany right ?  )

“ hello " I said

“ hi !" He said ( yup , just like the teacher )

“ are you going to come down or do I have to drag you down "  I didn't answer

“ looks like it's the later " (  ohhh shoot , looks like I'm in danger  ) I thought as Bruce began to climb the tree . panicked , I turned and began to crawl forward on the branch 

“ Damian ! Stop ! " I heard Bruce yell ( nope ! I love my cheeks dearly and I want them still attached to me by the end of the day )

I regretted not stopping when I lost my balance and fell . everything was in slow motion as I fell , my face towards the ground , at this height I will definitely break a arm , or a leg , or my face  ( at least , I don't have to go to the gala  )

A hand grabbed my leg “ got you ! " Bruce yelled as he grabbed my leg and then he began to pull me  . he pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me  and only now I realized how scared I was , I was shaking at this point  “ shhhhh , I got you " he said as he rubbed my back

“ I got yoooooou  !" We both yelled as the branch snapped . at some point in our fall , he pulled me above him  and wrapped his arms around me so that he was the one to absorb the fall and I land safely on him .

We both landed on the ground with a loud thud . “ Bruce ? " I said as I peered at him , he groaned .
“ Bruce !? " I yelled

“ are you OK ? " he asked

“ yeah " I said

“ good , because you're in so much trouble young man ! " he  said as he got up with me in his arms

“ sorry " I quietly said as I hid my face in his neck not wanting to meet his eyes , ashamed that he got hurt because of me  .

“ consider yourself banned from climbing trees  "  he said and I just stayed silent with guilt

Time skip

I wished that Bruce didn't catch me . getting ready for the gala was hell . I had to wear this itchy suit and this super tight tie . I also had to wear some makeup  and had to gel my hair , so they stayed down .

The gala was worse than hell . some time later during the gala , Bruce dragged me to the stage with him , said something about me being his son and that his mother left him with me ( when he said that I looked up at him and was like ‘ huh ? ' but he just continued his speech ) and then I barely had time to react before the reporters shoved their mikes in my face and began asking questions that I didn't understand .

I don't know how but we got off the stage .  many people came up to us and introduced their children to me
and as I suspected many people tried to pinch my cheeks but I avoided the attack by taking cover behind Bruce who just said said that I was ‘shy ' . that's how I protected my cheeks .

So as Bruce was talking to a couple , i saw a women coming towards us her eyes on me  . I got a feeling about her , not a bad feeling , just a feeling . I pulled at Bruce's hand and he looked down at me with a questioning look in his eyes . I pointed at the lady and as soon as Bruce looked at her his face
Looked like he saw a ghost .

He pulled his hand out of mine and walked up to the lady whose eyes were still on me . and I heard him saying In the angriest tone I've ever heard him using

What are you doing here  Talia "