43-Poisonous Traitor

"I'm trying to kill you." Aoi narrowed his eyes at the figure. It was near impossible to make anything out of the person. The attacker was the person who had been sitting in the corner of the room in the cloak. Now that they were standing, pale skin and dark hair could be made out from within the hood of the cloak, and as it fell back into place from the kunai being launched, a white shirt and dark blue pants could be made out.

Feeling out the chakra, Aoi could tell that the opponent was a highly skilled shinobi. The amount of chakra they possessed was that of a jonin, or perhaps even higher, a sure sign that Aoi ought to be on guard. The other patrons of the restaurant, simple civilians, took a look at the two shinobi in fighting stances and made a mad dash for the door. Neither paid them any mind.

Not letting his guard down, Aoi surveyed the person as he asked his next question. "What do you plan to do once you have killed me?"

There was a humorless chuckle as they replied, "I plan to tell Orochimaru of my success in this test." Something about the words caused alarm bells to go off in Aoi's head. There was something else though, a faint recognition of not only the voice, but the choice of words.

Kou silently gasped a breath of surprise, but Aoi was thinking. Why had he said test, in a normal instance this would be a mission. Going off of data, Orochimaru was only known to have two students. "You must be-"

"Enough talk." Saying this, the cloaked figure began his handsigns, finishing them quickly. Keeping his si in his hands by dangling them on his thumbs, Aoi made his handsigns as well.

The two jutsu launched within a split second of one another, Aoi's ball of water crashing into his opponents flame and causing a thick steam to cover the entire interior of the restaurant. Aoi ran, crashing through the doors and leading his opponent out of the enclosed area. They sailed across the rooftops, and as they did Aoi clutched both of his si in one hand, using the other to form handsigns. Having to teach Kuria, he himself had mastered one-handed handsigns. Using this, he launched water bullets at the figure, hindering them in their chase and giving Aoi himself an advantage.

At this point, they had garnered attention from several mist shinobi that were wandering the streets. They tried to interfere with the two, but were unable to catch up. When Aoi turned to launch another water bullet at the figure, he caught the ending handsigns that they made. Turning to the left immediately, he managed to dodge as several small fireballs were launched at him. The roof of the building caught fire, and seeing this, several mist shinobi jumped up to the roof to put it out.

They were drawing too much attention, and not wanting to be kicked out of the village, Aoi had to go somewhere more secluded. Besides that, there was always the chance of a bystander getting injured. While thinking this, Aoi's guard had slipped ever so slightly, allowing the figure to catch up slightly. Grabbing a kunai with his left hand, Aoi launched it backwards, but they simply plucked it out of the air, throwing it back at him. Rolling to the side, the kunai whistled past his ear in a narrow dodge.

_+_

Kou stood, looking around as the steam cooled and the air cleared. The chef came out from the back room, and seeing the upturned table as well as kunai and small puddles of water he started to freak out. Ignoring the angered man, Kou ran out of the restaurant to see utter panic in the streets. Smoke rose in the distance, can she could only assume that was the direction the two had ran in.

Thinking quickly, Kou finally decided that she should tell his teammates what had happened. The only problem was that, having come so far, she no longer knew where the hotel was. She knew the vague direction though, and started to run down the street. After taking several corners, she new that she was hopelessly lost. Not knowing what else to do though, she kept running, tears of worry slipping down her face.