9-Imminent Chunnin Exams

Watching with a rather bored expression, Aoi walked behind his teammates as Sakura helped Naruto walk after their missions. They hadn't done anything extremely eventful in that time, but with Naruto trying to outdo Sasuke on everything, he had just worn himself out. Soon an argument broke out between the two, with Sakura trying to calm them as usual. A hawk circled overhead and Kakashi heaved a small sigh.

"I have to go turn the mission report in, you're all dismissed for today." Aoi looked to Kakashi, and getting the message Kakashi shook his head. "Come in an hour, until then just do whatever." Aoi nodded. When Sasuke departed and Naruto was distracted, Kakashi left.

Naruto was about to walk off when a box came up behind him with a crackled design on it. Turning forward he quickly looked back again to catch the box mid-movement. "Nice try, but rocks aren't square." Three kids lifted the box up.

"Just what I'd expect from boss." The apparent leader shouted. Aoi vaguely recognized the boy, until a memory floated across his conscious mind. Konohamaru stood proudly in front of Naruto, wearing goggles like the blond had not so long ago.

"What's with the goggles? Are you copying me?" Naruto looked them over, a finger digging the wax from his ear.

"Boss, you've gotten so cold! Aren't you going to play ninja with us today?" Konohamaru and the other two kids gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Why would a ninja... play ninja?" Sakura came up with a slightly depressed air about her. There was a silence as everyone regarded the pink haired girl.

"Hey boss, is she your..." he held up his pinky and Naruto got a sheepish grin on his face.

While rubbing the back of his head, Naruto replied with, "How observant kids are-" He was abruptly cut off as Sakura punched him, saying wrong at the same time.

The kids all watched Naruto as he rolled and slammed into the fence. He would have bowled Aoi over, if said boy hadn't moved out of the way. Konohamaru saw Aoi and shock came over his face.

"It's you!" Konohamaru pointed at the blue haired boy, who simply stood there.

"My name is Aoi," He said after a moment of silence. Another silence stretched, while no one said anything. Naruto groaned slightly and all the kids rushed to him.

"Boss! Don't die!" Konohamaru rounded on Sakura, "You bitch!" Both Naruto and Konohamaru got the fear of Sakura beat into them however when she came and slammed a fist down on their heads. "That ugly huge forehead," Konohamaru muttered. Sakura's hearing suddenly became acute, picking up the words as Naruto became even more fearful.

Soon all the kids were running away from a pissed Sakura, Naruto leading the way. Aoi trailed behind them, only slightly curious as to what would happen. Konohamaru soon pulled ahead of Naruto, eyes closed in fear. He was brought up short when he ran into something however, falling onto his butt. Two shinobi towered over him, the one in the black speaking out.

"That hurts you brat." The boy picked up Konohamaru, hefting him by the scarf. There was a small cry of pain as the scarf tightened around Konohamaru's throat slightly, cutting off the air.

The girl stepped in, a fan barely peaking up over her shoulder. "Kankuro, stop. We'll get yelled at later."

"Aw c'mon, let's play a little before he comes." He tightened the grip on Konohamaru, and said boy let out another weak grunt. Kankuro, as he was identified, seemed like he couldn't care less about the fact.

Naruto charged forward then, yelling the battle cry, "Bastard!" He was brought up short when he tripped backwards. To Aoi's ever discerning eye though, chakra threads could be seen attached to Naruto's ankle. Before Naruto even had the chance to close his eyes however, Aoi was beside Naruto, holding him off the ground by the collar. Kankuro, who had been about to say that leaf genin were weak, cut off the thought at Aoi's movement. He noticed the chakra threads had been cut, and suspected it had been the blue haired boy.