46-Huge Decision

Konoha had a bright air about it as Aoi, Migota, Shino and Shikamaru stepped into it once more. They had finally finished the mission, escorting Kou and Komali back to their home without incident. When they had left Kiri, Shin had practically hung on Aoi's shoulders as they made their way to the border when they had to part ways. As it was, he practically had to be pried off when it was time. Though it seemed an impossible promise, Shin had insisted that they would see each other again before the next chunin exams.

After checking in with Izumo and Kotetsu at the gate, The other three walked off as Aoi went to report to the Hokage. After knocking and stepping into the room, Aoi bowed slightly at Tsunade. "Aoi, it's great to see you again. How did the mission go?"

"The mission was without too many problems. I came to inform you that we had returned."

"I see. Well then, I'll be expecting a report from you by tonight. Depending on that, we'll see about that jonin promotion." She smiled slightly. "By the way, those three academy students that you have been helping after class all passed the exams."

Aoi nodded slightly in response, causing Tsunade to sigh and shake her head slightly.

"You're dismissed for now."

Turning on his heel, Aoi left the room and quickly enough the building as well. He had barely walked ten paces when there was a scuff off to his left. He looked, and saw a larger tree. Something seemed off about it, but Aoi just continued on his way. When he had fully passed it, a curtain dropped and a flash of black and white launched toward Aoi.

Moving slightly to the left, Eiji's kick flew past. Aoi's hand came up, guiding it and eventually clasping so Eiji was held upside down at arm's length. The younger tried for a kick with his other foot, but failed completely as Aoi released his leg and he fell to the ground with a thump.

It was at this point that Aoi noticed the glimmering headband that he had tied on his forehead. There was a rustling sound and Jinhai and Kuria dropped down from the upper boughs of the tree. They too had their forehead protectors in place, the blue cloth crisp and clean.

The moment they touched down though, they launched toward Aoi. He stiffened slightly as their arms circled around him in a hug. Aoi took a step to the side at the slightly unexpected weight that hit him. Kuria released him first standing over Eiji.

"You know, the plan was to surprise him with a group hug attack!" She had a slightly angry look on her face and her hand placed on her hip.

Eiji sat up and huffed slightly. "If it wasn't for me and my amazing spying ability, you wouldn't have even known he was in Konoha again."

She laughed slightly in response. "Spying ability? You were in the comic shop and happened to see him pass by!"

"How dare you say that to the strongest ninja in the world! Of course I was in the comic shop, it is the most inconspi- incon- it's the best place to hide in!"

A smirk appeared on Kuria's face. "For the strongest ninja ever, you don't even know how to speak well. It's inconspicuous by the way."

"Ha! I knew that, I was just testing you." Seeming to think that wasn't enough though, Eiji went on. "Anyway, strong ninjas don't have to know all the words, they just have to get the point across."

Before it could go on, Jinhai stepped between them. "Alright guys, that's enough fighting. It's only been ten minutes since your last argument."

"Well if he didn't always act like an idiot, I wouldn't fight with him!" Kuria took a defensive stance of her actions.

"Well if she wasn't so bossy, I wouldn't have a problem with her!" Eiji finally stood from his spot on the ground, crossing his arms and looking away.