14-Successful Capture

The entire group was back to traveling through the forest. Radio waves were wasted as nobody talked, knowing that they were closing in on the target. From the time they had left the village with the dumpling man, it had been about four days. They hadn't been attacked so far, but tension was still high between the teams, especially between the jounin. It seems the two couldn't agree on anything, except how much they hated one another.

Aoi slowed when he saw that Asuka was bent over, Ibiki standing over her with his arms folded. The entire group slowly formed around the two. Kaori almost took a step forward when Asuka stood back up and faced them.

"We're close. These tracks are no more than 6 hours old. From here on we should take more care than before."

Ibiki nodded before giving his orders. "It seems like our target is taking it easy, so he doesn't expect us. We'll use this advantage and proceed with stealth. I propose three teams." At this Asuka spoke up in disagreement.

"Three teams is two many. Besides there are only two jounin here, and we don't know how strong this man has become since going rogue."

Ibiki's face darkened slightly as she began to argue yet again. He glared at her slightly before glancing at the sky. "Since we've come this close to the target, let's take a break. Asuka and I will figure out the plan, so get some food ready." All of the teens nodded, setting about to do their tasks.

Some time later, with the jounin still arguing over the plan, everyone was sitting in a small clearing. While the other five chatted amiably, Aoi sat off to the side just watching. Kodomo and Murasaki were arguing again, before Migota broke them up. Kaori was talking to her third teammate, Ryo, who though rather stoic had a great sense of humor.

A slap mark clearly visible on his face, Murasaki piped up, gaining all the teens attention. "Hey guys, let's play a game!"

"Yeah, it isn't like we're in the middle of a mission or anything," Kodomo commented, if only to annoy Murasaki. In his eyes however, you could see a light that said he wanted to.

"Don't be such a stick in the mud!"

"If I'm a stick in the mud, then you must be a chipmunk in a su-"

"Come on guys, you never stop arguing." Kaori interrupted the two before Migota was able to smack either one of them.

"Are we playing a game or not?" Ryo questioned.

"We're playing," Murasaki said definitively, "and we're going to play..." he paused, trying to create a dramatic effect, "I've never."

"That's a stupid game, we should play truth or dare!" Kodomo argued back. Aoi looked at both of them rather confused.

"What is a game?" Everyone froze, looking at the boy with expressions of surprise and disbelief. Even Asuka, who was in the middle of arguing with Ibiki, looked over at the boy strangely.

Kaori was the first to recover. "Well I suppose that's final. We definately need to play a game, stat. Let's put it to a vote for which to play."

_+_

"Kaori, it's your turn to ask someone." Migota reminded the girl gently. She had just gotten done with her dare and now twigs were tangled into her hair.

"I don't know who to ask... Fine Ryo, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"You picked that the last five times!"

"Truth.

"Bu-" Kaori was cut off.

"Truth."

"Fine, what is your biggest fear?"

Ryo considered a moment before answering. "I suppose my biggest fear is of torture." At this he glanced at Aoi slightly, knowing that he was Ibiki's student. Looking the boy in the eye he spoke, "Aoi, truth or dare?"

Still unsure of how to play the game, Aoi considered a second. "Dare?" He seemed to question if this was a wise course of action.

Ryo smiled evilly at the boy before him. Everyone else instantly felt sorry for Aoi. "I dare you... to kiss Kaori."

"Kiss?"

"You know, some li-" Ryo instantly cut off and looked up as there was a cough behind him. All of them stood from the circle they were in to face Ibiki who stood rather menacingly over the group. Asuka leaned against a tree unhappily a few feet behind him.

"Now that we've all rested, it's time to get on with the mission. He's seven hours ahead of us, so let's catch up and get this guy back to Konoha." Everyone nodded, ready to get this over with and go back home.

_+_

"Remember, only engage the opponent if he flees in your direction. With any luck he won't even know what's happened and we can simply tie him up." Asuka's voice reminded. There were murmurs of response before everyone went silent. They were only 20 meters from the target, and the atmosphere was tense.

The teams split, two speeding up so they were to the north-east and south of the target, the third following the man as he continued eastward. After everyone was in position, Kaori approached the target. She was the wisest choice for the capture right now. Because the man had no idea he was being followed, it would be easy to capture him. Kaori being a genjutsu user that specialized in manipulation of the sense of smell had the greatest advantage. The hope was that the man wouldn't notice the scent she spread, and so he would be easily caught in the genjutsu.

Kaori was in range now, so she reached into a pouch at her side. She had more than the one now, as she had pulled some out of her backpack. Looking in her palm briefly, she noted that it was what she wanted, then clutched it tightly. The chakra flowed into the combination of leaves and oil that she held in her palm. When she opened her hand, as if of it's own voilition, the mixture spread through the air. The scent of lavander was the strongest, but underneath it was the faint scents of jasmine and geranium. Using the leaves to carry the scent of the oil, the crushed leaves drifted unnoticeably towards the target.

A smile came over the man's face when the scent reached him. It was calming, so he inhaled deeply, savoring the calming feeling it gave him. He slowed down then, and with a faint smile still on his face, he stopped. Giving in fully, he collapsed to the ground and fell into a genjutsu induced sleep.

"The mission was successful. He's asleep." There was an audible sigh of relief from Kaori's teammates at this.

"Let's meet up where he is then and tie him up," Everyone chorused agreement. Soon everyone stood around the tied up man, congradulating Kaori on a job well done. Aoi held the rope that would serve as a leash for the man, standing off to the side from the happy gathering. Kaori glanced over once before her attention went to Kodomo who was rather excessive with his praise until Murasaki started to tease him.

Ibiki broke up the excited group. "Let's head back to Konoha, the mission isn't over until the man is in a jail cell." The subdued excitement at going back to Konoha from the teens was baffeling to Aoi, but he simply hefted the man over his shoulder and the group began to walk back home.

_+_

I suppose I'll apologize for the short chapter. It was boring as well, I'm aware. I just wanted to wrap up the mission, because I want to do other things besides this... like the chunnin exams. I hope nobody forgot those were going on. I'm not in a rambly mood either, so you can celebrate there. One thing I'll say is that it was my B-day yesterday, so yay, finally reached 16. Question time.

If you could create any school club what would it be? (If you're done with school put something you wish your school had)

So there ya go, comment/vote/add/fan. I'll see ya'll next chapter.

-Nicky~