47-Lengthy Chats

Konoha was bustling, even though it was just past eight in the morning. Tsunade stood next to Aoi at the gates as they had finally finished their brief meeting. Shizune was also there, off to the side a little. No one else was there but those three, and Tsunade looked down at the blue haired teen more or less blankly. Aoi, for his part, seemed unconcerned. Shaking her head slightly, Tsunade gestured out the gate.

"Best get going then Aoi, travel safely alright?" He nodded his head turning and walking out the gates. Soon enough, he jumped into the trees and was gone from sight as he sped off.

Shizune stepped forward. "Tsunade, are you sure it's okay for this to happen? I mean didn't yo-"

Cutting her off with a shake of her head, Tsunade turned. "It's fine. We should see him again soon enough."

_+_

Leaves and branches rushed past Aoi as he traveled as quickly as possible. He should arrive at the Land of Fields within two hours at his highest pacing, much faster than he had traveled back to Konoha from there. He didn't think much about anything as Hane flew slightly behind him, keeping pace easily. He was on high alert, despite traveling alone.

It seemed unnecessary though, as he was left alone during his brief travel. When he was within a kilometer of the palace that was residence to Komali and Kou, he jumped out of the trees and continued at a slightly slower pace on the track. This was so that the guards would not be as wary as if he had just suddenly jumped out of the trees. At last, the palace came into view, and Aoi slowed to a walk.

The guards stepped forward to intercept him. "State you name and business. Otherwise, we will assume you to be a threat."

"My name is Aoi, and I have come at Prince Komali's request. I would like to have an audience with him and Princess Kou." The two shared a look. They were informed that a person named Aoi might show up, but they hadn't expected him for another two days at least.

One of the guards opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a shout from above. Leaning out a window in a very unladylike manner, Kou was waving happily. "Aoi! I am so glad you came!" All three turned their attention toward her, and the guards took a step so they were out of Aoi's way. "Meet me in the courtyard, I'll get Komali!"

With that, she disappeared into the palace, and Aoi walked forward. He stopped halfway through the courtyard, waiting patiently in the shade that a multitude of oak trees cast over the walkway. It took a few minutes, but soon enough both Komali and Kou were walking toward Aoi. They stopped about a meter away, and Aoi lowered his head slightly in a sign of respect.

"Aoi, it's good to see you again so soon." Komali spoke almost immediately. "Can I assume that you have accepted our proposal?"

"In regard to that, I have come with a letter from the Hokage." Saying so, Aoi reached behind him into his pouch. Hane perked up slightly since that is where Aoi kept his pocky as well, but lost interest when Aoi simply pulled out a small envelope. He handed it to Komali, who took it and quickly opened it.

It was silent for a few moments as Komali read through the letter. When he was done, he folded it. "I see, so formal. I understand, and will give in to the Hokage's wishes that you remain as a shinobi. There is a question I would like to ask you however."

"What is it, Prince Komali?" Aoi held interest in his eyes as ever so slightly his head tilted.

"Is this what you wish as well? To remain a shinobi of Konohagakura?"

There was a pause before Aoi nodded. "Yes, it is."

"Please excuse me, but why? Here you're closer to your family, so why give that up?" Aoi saw the question burning in Kou's eyes as well.