20-Orochimaru's Attack (Part Two)

The clang of metal filled the air between Aoi and the sand shinobi. Off in the distance the sound was echoed from others as they fought, and an overlay of explosions rocked the earth as paper bombs went off. Aoi's si were crossed, stopping the downward motion of the sword the shinobi held in his left hand. Hate filled eyes met Aoi's as the seemingly empty hand of the opponent swung. Not taking any chances, Aoi pulled up both feet while he dodged the low swing.

A current passed underneath Aoi's airborne form, much like a sword cutting through the air. Extending his legs, Aoi pushed off of the man's chest, causing him to stumble back a few feet. The man ran forward again, leading with his right hand this time. The hand was swung downward much as one would a sword. Aoi barely dodged, causing some of his hair to get cut as the invisible weapon slid over his head. Already the left hand was thrusting the solid sword, aiming for a gap in the ribs that would pierce Aoi's heart.

Bringing his hand up, Aoi spun as a brief clang of the weapons resounded again. Aoi crouched as he spun, his leg splayed out to trip the man with the motion. Seeing this coming, the man jumped up over the leg, swinging down with, what Aoi now discerned as, the invisible sword in his right hand. Using the motion he was already in, Aoi rolled to the side as a crack sounded behind him. Aoi stood at the end of the roll, si held at the ready. The tiles on the roof were all cracked from where the man's weapon had met them.

There was a slight lull in the fight as they both regarded each other. The man's dark, unfriendly brown eyes glared even harsher into Aoi's light, apathetic blue eyed gaze. With a sudden charge, the stillness of the moment was broken. With a flurry of movement, the left hand sword flashed in a dizzying display which would awe an onlooker. Aoi's hands were lightning quick as he blocked or redirected every stroke that the man launched. Trying to catch Aoi off guard, the invisible right sword joined the attack.

For a moment Aoi tried to block the strike. When he noticed that the hand went past where it would have blocked however, Aoi quickly sidestepped the strike, getting nothing more than torn clothing. The one hand attack continued on Aoi, keeping his hands busy to stop him from attacking himself or forming handsigns. With a quick step, the man tried to get behind Aoi. Through his training Aoi was able to keep up with the man, and blocked the diagonal strike from the man's left hand. The right hand swung low, in an attempt to disable Aoi's legs.

Aoi jumped forward, but not before a cut appeared on the back of his right leg. It wasn't deep, but the cut near the ankle of Aoi's lower calf sent a sharp pain shooting up his nerves. The pain seemed to snap Aoi into a fighting mood, though it wasn't noticeable. Aoi widened his stance, then a split second after launched forward.

The shinobi looked around, waiting for the appearance of the blue haired boy he had severely underestimated. There was a flicker of motion to his left, but when he started to turn and face it, there was a sharp stabbing sensation in the right side of his abdomen. Turning with a strike, the man swung blindly as the other hand went to his side coming back bloodied. Another flash of blue caught his eye, but this time it was stopped suddenly.

Aoi no longer held his si in the palms of his hands, instead his hands were rapidly forming handsigns. Trying to catch anything in the handsigns that would give away the jutsu, the shinobi miserably failed. Only moments later Aoi exhaled through his mouth and a fast paced stream of water appeared. The water shot through the air at a lighting fast pace, too fast for the shinobi to react. The water at the end of the technique formed a sharp point, instead of splaying out like most would.

The jutsu pierced the man's chest, exiting through the other side. Continuing on, the force behind the jutsu went on until it slammed against the side of a chimney that stuck up in the air. With the jutsu ended, the battle had too. The sand shinobi fell forward, then rolled down the slope of the rooftop until his body hit the ground below with a solid thud. Aoi watched this, lowering his hands as the jutsu finished.