29-Misfortune

A thud was heard over the constant sound of the rain as Kiba launched himself forward, tackling the princess to the ground. Shino and him had finally caught up to the two, and though they tried to convince the pair to stop neither seemed inclined to do so. Mud flew up slightly as Kou and Kiba slid on the muddy ground, Kiba spinning and landing on his back so he didn't cause injury to the princess. Her companion started to draw his sword to protect her, but a kunai to his neck caused him to stop, releasing the weapon.

Shino lowered his kunai slightly, giving the man some room to move. "Now that we have caught up, we would appreciate it if you explained your situation to us."

"No kidding," Kiba sat up rubbing his back lightly while Akamaru simply stood next to him.

Princess Kou looked over at her companion, who Shino saw nod briefly, and then she sighed. "I guess it can't be helped."

Shino motioned to the direction they had come from, "then let us return to our teammates, because they are mo-"

"Alright then, let's get going." Kiba interrupted, not caring for what Shino had been about to say. Shino didn't remark upon it, used to his teammate doing so.

_+_

Hinata perked up when there was a soft scuffling sound beside her. She looked over only to see Murasaki raise his hand and rub the back of his head. "You're awake!" Relief saturated her words as she watched the purple haired boy.

"My head hurts." He sat up and opened his eyes, and after a moment blinked a couple times as if in confusion.

The action caused Hinata to grow worried again. "Are you alright? That blow seemed really hard before."

Murasaki turned to look at her, smiling slightly. "I'm just fine, my vision is a little blurry is all." As if he could feel the worry emanating off of her, Murasaki raised his hand waving it back and forth. "I'm sure it will pass, and other than my head I'm uninjured."

"Ah, I think I have some pain medicine, if you would like..." She trailed off, searching through her pouch.

"I'm fine, it will stop hurting once the pain goes away." Hinata looked up at him in confusion. "Don't worry about it. Looks like Kiba and Shino are coming... from wherever they were."

Looking up, Hinata saw it was true. Shino and Kiba had returned along with the princess. As they drew nearer, their forms were easier to make out and Hinata got a slightly confused look on her face.

"Kiba-kun, why are you all muddy?" As if noticing for the first time, Kiba looked down at his clothing which was almost completely covered with the brown goo. He let out a soft groan, and Hinata laughed lightly.

"It is because he tackled the princess. Why? Because they wouldn't sto-" Shino was once again cut off by Kiba.

"It isn't important why, we're back now and the princess is with us."

Murasaki turned his head to the two, bowing his head slightly. "Glad I wasn't wrong about you being the princess. Forgive me if I don't stand on ceremony right now."

Without warning the princess bowed down, her hands clasped tightly in front of her. "I'm sorry you were injured trying to protect me! It's all my fault!"

Everyone was surprised at the apology, not expecting it from someone of her standing. Murasaki finally recovered enough to reply. "It isn't your fault, if anything it was mine. I was careless that's all." Princess Kou looked up, seeing nothing but a carefree smile on Murasaki's face. His face took on a serious light when he spoke again. "Anyways, perhaps you could explain why you're out here a good five days from the palace when your wedding is only a little over a week from now?"