Testing

Chase's POV

"Where's Madison?" Dale asks.

"I'm here!" Madison says running into the jet.

Anyways Regan, Madison, Kasey, Kevin, Dale, and I are going to be going to Phoenix International Raceway and do some testing with team Penske, Hendrick, Gibbs, and Brad Keslowski Racing. It was going to be a two day test.

This season I get a new crew chief, and my goal for this next season was to win the championship again, but with Madison on the track it's not going to be so easy. But I would love that challenge, and if I don't win the championship I hope Madison does. She would be the first ever girl to win a Xfinity Championship, and yet win it in her rookie season that would be cool.

"Alright guys lets get going we have to be at the track by at least lunch time." Dale says.

During the whole flight we got to know Madison a little bit better. She won at Eldora two times which impressed me a lot, I didn't know she was that good on dirt tracks. She told us about how she used to race sprint cars and go karts when she was younger.

-Skip plane ride-

"Alright guys grab your stuff and get in the car we are on a very tight schedule." Dale says. We all quickly grab our stuff and rushed to the car. We all set our bags in the back and try to manage to fit everyone in the van.

During the whole car ride it was quiet, almost to quiet. Which was very unusual for all of us. As Dale continues to drive I could see the track as we got closer and closer. As we pulled up, Dale drove past the gate and stopped the car.

"Okay, you guys. I have all of your RVs over there, go get your fire suits on and met Kasey and I in the garage." Dale says. We all nod and got out of the car.

"So you nervous?" I ask Madison.

"Yeah, a little bit. It's my first time in a Xfinity car." she says.

"Don't worry you'll get the hang of it, its not that much different from a truck." I say reassuring her. We talked and talked until we got to the RVs.

Madison's POV

Chase and I went out separate ways and went to our RVs. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door making it swing open. Once I stepped in I feel it shift a bit and closed the door behind me. I went to the closet and grabbed my fire suit that was hanging up. It was black, red, and white my main sponsor was Verizon. I took it off the hanger and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

Once I stepped out of the bathroom there was a knock on the door.

"Come Madison let's go!" A voice called from outside.

"I'm coming!" I called out not knowing who was at the door.

I quick zipped my fire suit up and put my hair in a ponytail. I rushed to the door and quickly closed the door behind me.

"BOO!" Someone says. I look over and see Ryan standing there in his Penske fire suit.

"Oh hey Ryan." I say.

"So, how's everything going at Jr. Motorsports?" He asks as we started to walk towards the garages.

"I absolutely love it! How's Penske?" I ask as we get closer and closer to the garages.

"Amazing." he says as we walked into the garages.

"Ahh there she is!" Brad says walking up to us. I wave and give Brad a big hug. Then someone comes up behind me and gives me a hug. I look behind me and saw my old teammate Tyler Reddick.

"Alright guys Xfinity drivers get in your cars your up first." Rick announced.

"Where's Chase?" Kasey asks.

"I don't know. Madison can you go find Chase real quick?" Dale asks.

"Yeah sure." I say. I turn around and run back towards the coaches. I searched for Chase's coach, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I see a number nine sticker on the door. I run up to the door and knock. The door opens revealing Chase.

"We're starting testing." I say.

"Sorry you had to come all this way, I had to take an important call." he replies closing the door behind him.

We both run back towards the garages and saw that the Xfinity cars were already starting to roll out of their assigned garages. Chase runs to his car as I run to my car which was gray. All the cars were gray for testing, but each car had its number on it so we don't mix up the cars. My number was #8, the number eight was making its first appearance in the Xfinity Series since Dale raced it. I quickly put in my helmet and got into the car, I buckled up and started the engine.

Once it started I rolled out of the garage with Chase following behind. I roll onto pit road and soon went onto the track. Once I was across the start/finish line I got up to full speed.

I did a couple laps and went back down pit road to the garages with Ryan, Chase, and Kevin behind me. Kevin was the first to pull into his garage, then Ryan, then me, and then Chase, and last was Regan. As soon as Kevin got out of the car Kasey got into it and went to do a couple of laps since they both ran the #88 car.

I cut the engine and begin to unbuckle myself from the seat. I pull my gloves off and set them down on the dash. I slide out of the car making my fire proof shoes touching the hot cement. I pull my helmet off as Dale, Rick, and Brad came walking over to us.

"Wanna know who was the fastest out of all of you?" Rick asks.

"Yeah!" Regan says.

"Who was it?" Chase asks.

"Fifth fastest was Regan, fourth Kevin, third Ryan, second Chase, and the fastest of them all was Madison." Brad says giving me a smile.

"Never raced a Xfinity car? Lies! You raced like it was as easy as pie!" Regan says. We all laughed and got into one big conversation as the trucks went out for their testing. After the trucks were done testing we closed up the garages. Cup cars were going to test tomorrow and also the Xfinity cars were going to test again too.

"So." Ryan says as we start to walk back towards our coaches.

"Are you friends with that Elliott kid?" He asks.

"Yeah, I guess you can say we are friends." I say.

"Do you like him?" He blurts out all of the sudden invading my privacy.

"No not really." I say lying through my teeth, but the truth was yes I did like him.

Chase's POV

"So, Madison?" Kasey says sitting down on the couch as I could feel my face starting to turn red.

"What about her?" I ask.

"Come on man we all know you like her! Ever since you broke up with that girl Alicia you haven't been the same." He says.

"Okay maybe I sort of have feeling for Madison." I say looking down.

"Then you should go for her man!" He replies.

A/N- Hey! There's the second chapter for all of you! I hope you like it!!!!
Sorry for any spelling mistakes!
BTW- The sequel for Perfect Together will be out in 1-2 weeks!!

Enjoy!

-Kay-kk