Dover

Chapter 24:

Madison's POV

-One week later-

In about eight months I'll be graduating from Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School. Me being on the road a lot, they let me take classes online. When it's an off week for Xfinity I usually go to Kernersville, NC myself. Anyways, Kentucky was a good race for JRM. Regan won the race, I was second, Chase finished third, and Ben Rhodes finished tenth.

It was a busy week for me especially. I drove one of Kasey's sprint cars and I ended up second losing to six time World Of Outlaws Champion, Donny Schatz. I was in a position to win, but Donny got a last lap pass on me, but it was a good time. Also I helped Cecelia pick out her wedding dress. She looked stunning in it! I can't wait until she marries Ryan!

This weekend we are at Monster Mile, Dover. After Dover we'll have five races left in the season. I'm in the points lead and Chase is second 38 points behind. I did have a 42 point advantage, but Chase lead most of the laps at Kentucky which helped him out.

"Chase wake up!" I say jumping on him.

"No I don't want to. I just wanna stay in bed and cuddle." He mumbles. wrapping me up in his arms.

"I would love to do that, but we have qualifying."

"Fine. I guess I can get up." He says as he lets go of me. I laugh and stood back up to get my helmet and gloves. Chase walks out the bedroom in his fire suit and ready to go.

"Let's get this over with." Chase says. We both walk out of the RV and made our way down towards pit road. Chase and I finally went our separate ways as we arrived on pit road.

"Good luck." Chase says kissing me.

"You too." I say pulling him into a hug. He jogs way down towards his car as we get the five minutes warning until round one starts. Kenny goes over the adjustments the crew made, I just hope it works. All during practice I felt like I was gonna lose the car.

"All right get to it." Kenny pats me on the shoulder.

"Yes sir."

I swing my legs into the car, and easily slipped in. I got my helmet all hooked up, and everything ready to go. The NASCAR officials open up the track and I was easily the first one off of pit road.

"Nine, two, seven, and fifty-four are coming with you." Kenny says coming through the radio. I stay focus as I pulled up onto the track. As I crossed the line to start my first lap, I could already tell the car was all over the place. Thank god I held onto it until I completed the lap and then I pulled onto pit road. I cut the engine as the crew comes and begins to cool the engine down.

"Set a new track record girl!" Kenny happily announces pulling down my window net.

"Really? The car was all over the place." I reply.

"I'll have Joe make an adjustment." Kenny say walking over to the pit wall. I stayed in my car and waited for the rested of the remaining time until round one was over. Kenny comes by and hands me a tablet with the leaderboard.

(Round 1 top ten)
1. 8 Madison Blaney
2. 9 Chase Elliott
3. 42 Kyle Larson
4. 6 Bubba Wallace
5. 12 Cecelia Larson
6. 22 Ryan Blaney
7. 54 Erik Jones
8. 7 Regan Smith
9. 88 Kasey Kahne
10. 20 Ross Kenseth

*End of qualifying*

I ended up winning the pole, Ryan would start second, Ty third, Austin fourth, Chase fifth, Regan sixth, Kasey seventh, Cecelia eighth, Elliott Sadler ninth, and Ross would round up the top ten. I went to do a couple interviews and pictures with press and stuff before I went back to the RV. After I was done with interviews, Dale and Jeff came along.