5 Months Later Part 2

Chapter 17 part 2:

Chase's POV

Madison, Ryan, Bubba, Ty, and I have been goofing of basically all day, and now finally I get some alone time Maddie before the race.

"So what's been going on these last five months? Anything changed since I've been gone?" Maddie asks laying down next to me as I turned on the TV.

"Umm nothing much I guess. It just hasn't been the same without you on and off of the race track. We all missed you, but I probably missed you more." I say pulling her close.

"I missed you a lot." Maddie says.

"And I missed you a lot too." I say.

"So how many wins do you have this season so far?" She asks.

"Uh two so far, Ryan has gotten two in your car since you've been gone. Your car is well in the points lead with four wins." I reply.

"Are you ready to get back in a car again?" I add. Maddie signs and sits up, and I knew something was wrong.

"That's the thing, I really don't know. I want to get back in a car, but yet everything I think about getting back in a car, it always might be my last." her voice trails off.

"Maddie." I say.

"You saw what happen in Talledega almost took me out for good, I was lucky this time." She says almost in tears.

"Maddie it won't happen again to you, I promise. I will protect you." I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

"If I even get in the car for the rest of the season. How will you protect me next season? You'll be full time Sprint Cup, and I'll be finishing up my last Xfintiy Series year." she states. She did have a point there, I will admit. I mean if I'm not on the track with her, how will I protect her?

Roger Penske has sent out a statement about the big change in 2017. Eighteen year old, Xfintiy rookie Madison Blaney has signed a full time Sprint Cup contract for 2017, and will be doing part time next season. But that all might change, take a look at the statement Mr. Penske put out just moments ago on Twitter...

"What?" Madison says. I turn off the TV as Madison takes her phone out and goes onto Twitter. She begins to scroll down she stops. Her eyes move across the screen several times, then she suddenly drops the phone and stands up.

"I'll be right back." Maddie says walking out of the room. I picked her phone up which was still on the bed. I put in. Her password which was '0908' by the way. Twitter pulls up and I began to read the tweet.

@Penske: As of today I am cutting off the deal with Madison Blaney. She is a young, talented driver, and is gonna go far and win many championships, but I don't think she's the right fit for Penske. I am very sorry for putting this out on such short notice, but it had to be done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I put her phone on the table and went after her, because Erin and Emma said that she said to take it easy and no stress what so ever. That was the only condition of letting her go home early.

Madison's POV

Why! I swear if this is about me being put out for over half of the season, I will be pissed. Its not my fault people don't know how do drive in the Xfinity Series. This is really getting frustrating for me. I storm into the garage trying to find Dale and or Mr. Hendrick, or Mr. Penske which would be better.

"Madison we need to talk." I hear from behind me. I spin around and see Mr. H and Dale standing there.

"I've been looks all over for you guys." I say walking over.