NASCAR Xfintiy Banquet

Chapter 27:

Madison's POV

As I finish up the finishing touches with my makeup, being the Xfinity Series Champion hasn't quite sunk in yet. Richmond was the hardest week, it was the first time I had gotten in an Xfinity car since Talledega. NASCAR said I HAD to win at Richmond in order to keep my car in the points lead. I did win and I did keep my points lead. Coming into Phoenix, in order to lock up the championship, the second car in points had to be 48 points behind me, but that didn't happen.

"You ready?" Chase says knocking on the door. I quickly put my makeup away and opened up the door.

"Yeah." I reply.

"You look beautiful." Chase says speechless.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I smile. Chase takes my hand in his and we were off the the Camping World Truck Series and Xfintiy Series banquet. Chase turned 20 years old about a month ago, and I'm still 18. Kinda weird I'm still a teenager and he's now twenty.

**NASCAR BANQUET**

"Welcome to the 2015 Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series Banquet. What a season it has been! " The host says as the crowd claps.

"Up on this stage are two of the best champions that NASCAR has ever seen." the host pauses.

"Ladies and Gentlemen your 2015 Camping World Truck Series champion, Tyler Reddick!" Everyone claps and I give Tyler a thumbs up. He's like one of my best friends, and he was my teammate for two years at BK Racing.

"And now your 2015 Xfinity Series Champion, Madison Blaney!"

"You go girl!" Bubba yells out loud standing up. Everyone stops clapping and turns around and looks at Bubba. I put my face in my hands and started laughing my head out. Bubba's face goes blank and he slowly sits down.

"Alright now that, that embarrassing moment is over. Here to present the most popular driver in both series, Mike Helton." the host says. Everyone claps as Mr. Helton comes out and stops at the podium.

"Before I start, I would to congratulate the owners, Brad Keslowski and Dale Earnhardt Jr. for their championships, and a huge congrats to Tyler Reddick and Madison Blaney for their championships." Mr. Helton pauses.

"Presenting your most popular driver in the Camping World Truck Series, Erik Jones." I clap as Erik comes up to the stage and sits down with Adam Alexander.

"And now your most popular driver in the Xfinity Series, Madison Blaney!" I sat there for a second not taking in anything. Finally it clicked and I stood up and walked across the stage. I can't believe I was the most popular driver considering I wasn't there half of the season. I sit down next to Erik as Adam Alexander begins to talk with Erik first.

"Congratulations Madison, a well deserved championship considering all you went through this season." Adam says.

"Thank you." I say sincerely.

"Now there were some highs and lows throughout this season for you. Of course lows being Daytona and Talledega. What would you say would be some of the highs?" He asked.

"Umm getting my first win at Richmond was defiantly a time. Then coming back to Richmond and sweeping Richmond was extremely incredible. Us winning and working as a team and keeping our points lead really helped us." I reply.

"Congratulations to the both of you. Ladies and gentlemen your most popular drivers." Adam says. We both stand up and walk back up to our seats. Erik was so close to winning the championship. I think by like two points he lost it to Tyler. As I sat back down the host comes back out and talks for a bit.