The Past

Chapter 15:

Madison's POV

"Thanks for the ride Ryan." I say as we pulled up to JRM.

"Anything for my sister. Your sure you'll be okay?" Ryan says parking the car. I unbuckle and stepped out of his truck.

"Yeah, I will." I nod.

"Okay. I'll be at Penske if you need me. Love you Maddie." Ryan says.

"Love you too Ryan. Bye." I say shutting the passengers door. Ryan drives away as I walked into JRM. I wave to Kelly behind the desk and entered into the conference room. Dale smiles as I sit across from Chase, avoiding all eye contact. Chase and I broke up, and we haven't talked ever since. Regan, Kevin, Kasey come walking in also. Regan takes a seat next to me and Kasey and Kevin sit across for us.

"Okay first order of business, congrats to Madison for winning yesterday at Richmond." Dale says clapping.

"Thanks." I smile. Out of the corner of my eye Chase glances at me almost with disapproval.

"Alright next weekend is Dega, now we all know that the track isn't our best. Kasey will be driving the #88 next weekend. I've talked to Erine, Kenny, and the others about the set up for Talledega." Dale says looking down at his clipboard.

"Alright I think that's everything. Your all dismissed, but I would like Madison and Chase to stay back." I started to stand up, but sunk back in my seat. Regan pats me on the shoulder and leaves the room with Kevin and Kasey.

"What's been with you two lately?" Dale says.

"We broke up." Chase mumbled.

"Richmond was hard for both of us, barely seeing each other all weekend. And I just brought to mind that it's only going to get harder. He'll be full time Sprint Cup next year, and I'll be stuck in Xfinity, we'll have completely different schedules." I state.

"I knew this day was coming." Dale shakes his head.

"Madison, I know some stories have been floating around about your future. Does this have to do with jealousy?" Dale asks.

"No! Why would I be jealous of him?" I ask.

"I beg to differ." Chase says under his breath.

"Seriously Chase? Maybe your just the one jealous." I say.

"Why? Just because I'm not Madison Blaney and two time Camping World Truck Series Champion? Heck no! Maybe your jealous because I'm a Xfinity Series Champion, that you'll never be." Chase raises his voice. I clinch my fist together trying to hold back my anger.

"It's not all about you Chase! I even wanted to sign with JRM in the first place, because meeting you would've been amazing. Signing here was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. Now it's turned into the worst thing!" I say.

"And why wouldn't I be jealous of you?" I say.

"And why wouldn't I be jealous of you? Your part of the famous and perfect Blaney family." Chase says.

"Well that's nothing you shouldn't worry about. Because I'm not a Blaney." I say and rushed out of the room.

Chase's POV

"What?" I look at Dale.

"I think she should be the one that tells you, not me." Dale says and walks out. I lean back in my chair as the door opened again. Ryan walked in with his arms crossed. He sits down across from me.

"Somehow I knew this conversation would come." Ryan says.

"What did she mean by that she's not a Blaney?" I ask.