The Forest Chapter 22

UNKNOWN

In Catford, a short man with curly ginger hair sits in his car. He mutters to himself as he watches an ordinary semi detached house. He grins to himself scaring pedestrians passing by.

My life has been the worst but I'm going to take control. They are wrong about me, I could be successful. I've just had a bit of bad luck but now I can change all that. The cause of all my problems is right in front of me.

I need to watch her, she's too happy. I want her to be miserable. Everything was taken from me, she did this to me. It's her fault my family didn't accept me anymore. They called me a disgrace, a scammer with no shame. Tonight I'm going to get her. I'll make her suffer, she will beg me to stop. I will make her so miserable she will want to die, but I won't let her.

My little brother ran away because of her, it's not my fault. I just needed money and those cheapskates owe me. My best friend died because of her, I'll make my brother come back when he sees her being punished. Then no one can say I lost the little brat.

I'm parked in front of her house. She should sell it and give me the money, she owes me. I let her live without being punished. She's coming out, I'll get her now! I couldn't find her for so long but I spotted her last week. I'd recognize her anywhere, no problem.

She's the one who made my life like this. But whose car is she getting into? That's a posh car, maybe I'll catch them too. They must have money, I'll follow them. My sister will let me come back if I have money. I borrowed her jewellery but I'll get it back. I'm sick of wasting money on rent. I should stay at mum's for free.

They drove so far, I nearly lost them but I saw a small seaside town. They go into a building with their bags. I think they will stay there. I'll park somewhere quiet and sleep. First I need supplies. This shop should have what I need. Rope, tape. What else? Black bags. Bleach, a few sharp knives. Oh and some snacks for me. I should stop there, I only have 50 left from the jewellery. Now to wait until tomorrow. I line my car boot in black plastic and tape. I park somewhere no one will see.

In the morning I see the group from a distance. If I get one, I will get the others too. Five people get in the car. I follow them a few cars behind. They drive to a park and sit around. They're staying together so I'll wait by the public toilets. I nearly got that old man from behind but the younger man came. I go to my car.

When they leave the park it's around one thirty, I'll eat when I catch one. I won't get her first, I'll pick off the others one by one. I'll follow and find my chance. I follow them to a small hospital. I know how these car parks work. They will all go in and someone will have to come and buy another parking ticket. The time always runs out. There are only a few cars here so no one will notice me.

_____________________

ALICE

This time I won't fall asleep! I just want to stay next to Aiden. Before breakfast I'd had a strange dream, this time not about Aiden. The dream had the same feel as those dreams before. Again I felt fear at first, I didn't know anyone from the dream. I felt it was also a vision from the past, though not as far in the past as my dream of Aiden. To stop myself from sleeping, I talk with Aiden, he needs to practice.

"Let's try different sounds, I know you can say my name what about, oh?" I watch his lips while I snuggle up to him.

"Ahhh.. rrroo...ohhrrr". We practice until he can kind of say most sounds but when he tries words he fails. The only word he can say is still my name. Well not bad for a start, I enjoy listening to his voice even if it makes no sense. I stop him when I hear a knock. I locked the room so I have to get up. Making sure to arrange the blanket I open the door.