Chap 16 ~ The Chase

Y/N's POV
"Dude, what are you doing out here?" Wasabi asked as we walked to Hiro.
He closed the gap between himself and the group, "N-Nothing! Just out for a walk." He stammered and his pitch went up.
You're a bad liar Hiro
"It helps my pubescent mood...swings..." he trailed off.
"Pfft-" I chuckled quietly.
"Is that Baymax?" Wasabi asked.
"Yeah but you really..."
Gogo walked behind him, "Uh, why is he wearing carbon fiber underpants?"
Baymax commented on that he knew Karate and Hiro insisted we leave again.
Honeylemon walked closer to him and laid a hand on his shoulder, "No, don't push us away Hiro. We're here for you. That's why Baymax contacted us."
He looked at me briefly and I felt myself pale slightly.
Baymax spoke up, "Those who suffer a loss require support from friends, and loved ones."
I gave a small smile.
"Okay but-" Hiro was cut off by Baymax.
"Who would like to share their feelings first?"
Fred jumped up, "Ooh I'll go! Okay. My name is Fred, and it has been 30 days since my last-"
He started to yell and I noticed the metal crate being picked up and I jumped back in surprise.
There was someone wearing a mask lifting it up with what looked to be...Hiro's Microbots?
"Um- Am I the only one seeing this?" Fred asked.
I shook my head, slowly stepping backwards, finding myself next to Hiro.
Honeylemon took a picture of the masked person with the flash on and they winced at the light.
Uh oh
They moved to drop the crate on us and I grabbed Hiro's wrist without thinking and started running as Wasabi screamed...kind of in a girly way.
"Oh my gosh! Oh no!" He screamed out as I closed my eyes, preparing for impact. But it never came.
We all looked bewilderedly to see Baymax holding the crate up.
"Go!" Hiro called and I looked at him, instantly dropping my grip on his wrist.
"Baymax! Get him!" He called out as the others ran to the car.
I ran in the same direction to notice Hiro wasn't coming with us.
Hiro you idiot!
What are you doing?!
I watched Gogo run out and drag him back to the car with us. I had climbed into my seat as she was pulling him to us and a realization occurred to me.
Where is he gonna sit?
I didn't have to think for very long because he was shoved into the car on top of me. I turned a bright red instantly.
"What are you doing?!" Hiro asked frantically.
"Saving your life." Gogo responded and shut the door.
Hiro looked back at me for a moment and we made brief eye contact, but I broke it quickly. I looked down at the door.
Shitshitshitshitshit
He adjusted so he was sitting a bit more in front of me and gestured forwards as Gogo climbed into the front seat.
"Baymax can handle that guy!"
Just as he said that we saw a flying Baymax coming towards us.
I reacted quickly and grabbed Hiro's heading forcing him to duck as I leaned down. Baymax crashed through the roof, getting stuck in it.
"Oh no." He spoke out.
Hiro leaned up and I let my hand fall, resting on his shoulder for a moment as I breathed a sigh of relief.
He looked back at me and our eyes met again.
Eye contact!
I looked away again, retracting my hand.
We saw the masked figure emerge from behind the crates, his army of tiny machines making a wave.
"W-Wasabi!" I stuttered, barely able to speak.
"Goodbye!" He said and drove quickly in reverse.
As we were driving, hiro leaned forward, grabbing the seats.
Gogo spoke, "Hiro. Explanation. Now."
"He stole my Microbots. He started the fire. I-I don't know who he is!"
I was right
A bar of bots started coming towards us and hiro called out some move which Baymax punched at the bots. It spun the car and wasabi shifted into drive with us now facing forwards.
We were driving into the city and I could feel my anxiety growing as the chase scene continued.
Hiro leaned back into my lap and we hit a hard left. He slid into the door whilst on top of me and I could feel my breathing speed picking up due to the circumstances.
I just wanted to stay at my lab!
I didn't sign up for this!
We drove over a hill and the masked person chased us.
Without thinking, my arms wrapped around Hiro's waist and I pulled him closer to me, burying my face into his back.
An instant feeling of comfort spread over me as I held him.