Chapter 5 ~ Baby Photos

Time skip~~~

Y/N's POV
It had been a few weeks of Hiro manufacturing his robots and it was now the day before the showcase. I was so excited for Hiro, but I had also taken on a lot of anxiety for him.
We had gotten close over the time of him building because of Tadashi.
I hated admitting that he was right about me and Hiro having a lot of similarities.
Despite our growing friendship, I still had problems making eye contact with him.
And nothing bothers me more than worrying him.
I was currently at his garage again as he admired all the work he had done with Tadashi. I stood behind the two of them as they celebrated with each other.
With all the riding on the motorcycle to the Hamada household, I had slightly gotten over my fear of it.
A lady opened a door and walked into the garage.
"Hey guys! I figured you'd be out here...wait who's this?" She gestured to me.
Ack
New person
"Oh, hey Aunt Cass, this is Y/N." Hiro responded and turned to face me, "Y/N this my Aunt."
I gave a small wave and looked down at the ground.
"Hi sweetie! Boys I was just making lunch and it'll be ready in a few minutes, invite your friend!" She spoke and closed the door.
Hiro looked at me and awkwardly smiled, "Would you like to join us for lunch?"
I waved my hands frantically, "Oh, no it's ok! I don't want to intrude!"
Tadashi smiled, "Don't worry, you won't be, besides, you're our friend and we enjoy spending time with you."
Hiro nodded and smiled.
My face turned pink and I covered it with my hands.
"ahhh" I muttered quietly in embarrassment.
"Come on Y/N! It'll be fun!" Hiro chirped.
I sighed, "Alright..."
The Hamada brothers smiled brightly.
How did I end up becoming friends with literal balls of sunshine
So bright
They walked through the door into the house and I followed them.
"I almost forgot you live in a bakery." I spoke.
"I guess we've never taken you in the house, but we live upstairs." Hiro replied.
I nodded and took my shoes off, leaving them at the door.
"Oh you don't have to do that, we wear out shoes through the house all the time." Tadashi commented to me.
"Oh...sorry it's a force of habit."
They shrugged and I followed them up the stairs to what was like a living room attached to a kitchen.
I looked around, admiring the cozy place.
"This is such a nice place to live." I spoke out, looking around.
"You think so?" Hiro asked.
"Yeah, I just live in a dorm room, well...not really. I just live in my lab pretty much."
"Oh, where do you sleep?"
"Desk."
"Isn't that uncomfortable?" Hiro had walked next to me now.
I shrugged and spotted pictures of young Hiro and Tadashi. I walked over to them and pointed at a picture of them, "You guys were so cuteeee."
I heard Tadashi chuckle and Hiro walked over to me.
I pointed at a picture of Hiro at what looked like he was 6? Maybe 7?
"Look how cute you wereeeee" I spoke and smiled to myself.
He was so cute when he was younger
Well
It's not that he's not cute now...
...
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT
I DONT THINK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE
WHAT
I shook my head, turning pink at the thought.
Hiro was slightly flustered next to me by my reactions to the pictures.
We stood silently and awkwardly for a moment before I laughed slightly.
"Pfft-You're totally blushing." I told him.
He looked at me, turning more pink and his eyes widened, "No I'm not!"
I laughed quietly and put my hand up to my face, "You totally are."
"I-I'm not!"
I chuckled while he stayed a vibrant pink.
"Guys! Lunch is ready!" I heard Ms. Cass call out. Tadashi came down the stairs and Hiro and I walked over to the kitchen, sitting next to each other at a table. Tadashi sat across from me.
"Oh Hiro you're all red! Are you sick? Don't get your friend sick!" She spoke out, which made Hiro even more pink.
Tadashi and I chuckled and I muffled myself with my hand.
"I-I'm fine Aunt Cass." Hiro stuttered.
I smiled at him and he glared at me, making me chuckle some more.
She ended up giving us some sandwiches she had made and despite my interests, I ate one. I didn't want to worry Hiro or offend Ms. Cass.
"So Y/N, how do you know the boys?" She asked me.
I swallowed nervously and stared at the table, "I go to school with Tadashi, and he introduced me to Hiro." I looked up and gave a small smile.
"Oh you're a student?"
I nodded, "I'm in my second year."
"And you look to be about Hiro's age...so you must also be a prodigy."
I looked at the table and scratched the back of my head, "I don't know...I wouldn't say I'm a prodigy...I'm not that smart..."
I nervously laughed and Tadashi spoke,
"She's just modest. She's really smart."
"I-" I cut myself off and put my face into my hand and sighed.
Minutes passed and I stood up, "I should really get back to my lab and continue my work...it was nice meeting you Ms. Cass."
"Are you sure? You don't have to leave so quickly..." Hiro spoke.
I gave a gentle smile, "I really do need to work, but I appreciate the time I got to spend with you guys."
Tadashi stood up, "I'll drive you back."
I shook my head, "I'll just take public transportation, don't worry about it."
"You sure?"
I nodded and Hiro stood up, "I'll walk you out."
Hiro and I walked down the stairs together and out the door into the garage.
I walked out into the street and waved to him,
"Bye! I'll see you tomorrow! Get some rest!" I called out.
He smiled, "Don't worry, I will. See you tomorrow!"
I smiled to myself and walked down the street to a trolly stop.
I felt pretty peaceful. I was stable in school, my technology was coming along and I had 2 close friends.
What could possible go wrong?