Chapter 31 - Resolution

Y/N's POV
It had been about a week since the fight.
I went to the doctor and turned out, I did in fact break 2 ribs lol.
Mei freaked out and asked how it happened and I told her I fell down a flight of stairs.
She criticized me for being so clumsy and I just chuckled along.
Hiro enrolled in college and started a few days ago. He took over Tadashi's personal lab, next to mine.
I was with the gang at the Lucky Cat Cafe, under where Hiro lived.
The news reports were still covering the incident.
I was talking with the group as we waited for Hiro.
I was drinking coffee and much to my dismay, eating. The group made sure of it.
Hiro walked down and greeted us.
"Hey!"
I smiled at him as the group said 'hello.'
He looked at me and smiled warmly. I felt my heart flutter.
I had finally acknowledged my feelings for Hiro, but it hadn't gone anywhere. We hadn't even talked about the kiss, much to my dismay.
The group assured me he felt the same way, but I wasn't sure.
It was the first time I'd felt this way about anyone, I didn't really know what to do about it.
Ms. Cass walked over to Hiro and gave him a hug. She handed him his lunch before he pulled her back in. "Last hug." He spoke.
I smiled at the sweet gesture.
We all stood and walked out of the Cafe. Hiro walked over to be next to me and I flushed, looking away. When I looked back at him he smiled warmly.
I returned it and patted him on the head.
We made it to campus and Hiro and I walked to our personal labs. He was still unpacking.
I walked into my lab and looked at the new photo I had framed. It was one of me and Tadashi.
I smiled softly as I picked it up.
I traced my finger over it before setting it back down.
I walked over to Hiro's lab and knocked on the door.
"It's unlocked!" He called out and I slowly opened it.
He turned to look at me and his expression lit up when he saw it was me.
"Y/N! Hey!" He walked over.
I looked around, boxes were everywhere.
I smiled at him, "Need any help unpacking? I don't have class for a few more hours."
He smiled, "That'd be nice, sure!"
He walked over and put something on his desk while I knelt down and opened a box. I took in a sharp breath before wincing because of my ribs.
Hiro walked over to me, "You ok? Oh..." He looked down at the box to see Baymax's rocket fist.
He knelt next to me and I put my arm around him, catching him off guard.
"Y-Y/N?" He stuttered and I looked up to see his cheeks flushed.
"It's ok...I miss him too." I spoke softly.
He sighed and looked back at it. "I know..."
He gently put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest, hugging me.
I returned it and we sat in each other's embrace for a moment.
I pulled away.
"Hey um...Y/N...can I ask you something?" He asked.
I looked up in confusion, "Sure. What is it?"
He looked away, cheeks slowly turning red.
"I-um...well I-uh...listen...I uh...I really like...you...and um...I was uh...wondering if you uh...felt the same uh...way?" He glanced up at me.
I was staring with wide eyes.
He looked down and fidgeted his hands together.
I smiled brightly and grabbed his hands excitedly.
"Yes! I do! I feel the same way!" I spoke.
He looked up at me in shock, "You do?!"
I nodded and he smiled before wrapping his hands around me and pulling me into his chest for a hug.
I quickly returned it and we sat in each other's embrace.
There was a knock on the door and it was opened.
We startled away from each other, a bright red.
"Hey lovebirds, you gonna finish unpacking or what? Hiro has class soon, you better hurry up." It was Gogo.
We flushed vibrantly and Hiro grabbed Baymax's rocket fist, carrying it over to a shelf. He placed it down.
I still sat in the ground, stunned before turning to look at Hiro.
Gogo had walked off after shutting the door.
Hiro was staring fondly at the fist, smiling softly to himself.
He fist bumped it before imitating Baymax's explosion sound.
I smiled softly before noticing something in Baymax's hand.
I stood up. "Hey Hiro, what's that?"
Hiro looked over at me I'm confusion, "What's what?"
I pointed at the fist. Hiro looked back and his eyes widened. He walked over and pried the fingers open to see Tadashi's chip he had designed for Baymax.
I smiled as I realized what was happening.
Hiro stared in shock before a smile grew on his lips.
"Does this mean...we can bring him back?" I asked.
Hiro looked at me, "Yeah! I should be able to redesign his structure and rebuild him with no problem!"
I smiled brightly and walked over to stand next to him, gently taking his hand into my own.
He flushed and looked at me. I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"Um...Y/N?" He asked
I hummed in acknowledgement.
"C-Can I um...k-kiss...you?" He asked.
I looked up in shock to see his face as red as a tomato. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly, anxiously waiting for my answer.
I gently reached up and held his cheek. His eyes opened cautiously. He looked at me and I nodded slowly.
He smiled and his hand came up to hold my face as he leaned in. He connected our lips softly and I smiled to myself.
Our lips we connected for a moment before he pulled away.
"T-Thank you." He spoke.
I smiled and put my head into his chest to hide my blushing face. His hands came up to wrap around me.
"Y/N...will you be my girlfriend?" He asked timidly.
I nodded and could feel the happy energy radiating off him.
His grip around me tightened and I smiled into his chest.
I'm so lucky

A/N: The end! I'm Gonna make a second book with the TV show if any of you are interested but I feel like this is a good ending for this book.
Thank you for reading!