Chapter 23 - Take Flight

Y/N's POV
It had been about a week since I almost drowned. Hiro and I had gotten closer, I'd spent the night at his house a few times. Now the gang was all at Fred's house again. Hiro had gone off flying again, he tried to convince me to go with him but I was too scared.
The gang had been watching me a lot closer which kind of freaked me out, but I was trying to be cool about it. I was trying to fight my AVPD and accept that people are going to pay attention to me.
I had also been trying to force myself to eat. The gang had been helping me by reminding me and trying to eat with me.
It felt horrible but I knew I had to.
I had fixed my tech and now I could officially call myself a water bender.
I was sitting on the edge of Fred's property with my legs hanging off over the water. The gang was relaxing behind me.
All of a sudden, Baymax landed behind me. I jumped in surprise and turned to see Hiro jump off. He walked up to me and held his hand out.
"C'mon, I wanna show you something."
I stared at his hand and looked back up at our face. Our eyes met and I felt my nerves start to come back up. I fought it this time though, staring at him. His eyes were so kind.
"Alright." I spoke and took his hand. He pulled me up and walked me over to Baymax.
"Hop on!" He chirped.
I looked at him with wide eyes. The gang had made their way over.
"Where are you two headed?" Gogo asked.
I gently climbed on the back of Baymax. Hiro climbed on behind me and magnetized his feet and hands in place.
By back was against his front with his arms going over my shoulders.
"I'm taking Y/N somewhere. We'll be right back." Hiro spoke.
I looked at the gang as they exchanged glances. Baymax started to lift off when Gogo called out,
"Have fun on your date lovebirds!"
I choked on my spit and turned to see Hiro turn bright red. He shook his head and disregarded her as he directed Baymax.
We slowly lifted off and I gripped onto Baymax really tightly.
"Full thrust!" I heard Hiro shout and my eyes widened before Baymax took off full speed.
I screamed and gripped onto Baymax as tight as I could, my knuckles turning white.
"Y/N, open your eyes!" I heard Hiro yell over the wind.
I shook my head frantically.
I heard Hiro detach one of his hands and felt it wrap around my torso.
He pulled me back into him and squeezed me gently.
I felt him lean into me and talk into my ear, "You're ok. I've got you, don't worry."
With that I suddenly felt much better. I slowly opened my eyes and watched as the clouds rushed by us.
Oh wow
It's...
Beautiful
Baymax flew us up to the wind turbines that hovered over the San Fransokyo city.
Baymax landed on top of one that was purple and looked like a fish.
He walked over to the middle and Hiro hopped off. I instantly clutched back onto Baymax as tight as I could.
Hiro held out his hand to me. "Y/N. Take my hand. It'll be ok."
I shook my head, "No."
I heard him sigh and he walked behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist before pulling me off.
I shrieked and he gently put my down. Without thinking I grabbed onto him and buried my face into his back. It gave me a comfortable feeling and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
I felt Hiro chuckle.
"Y/N...you can let go of me now, it's safe."
I took a deep breath.
Ok Y/N
Face your fear
Just
Let go
I gently and slowly let go, and took a step back from Hiro. I was trembling and my eyes were still closed. I felt him grab my hand and pull me forward before pulling me to sit down.
I sat down as I trembled.
"Y/N...open your eyes." Hiro spoke softly.
I exhaled and peeked open one eye. I slowly opened both and my eyes lit up.
"Woah..." I spoke out.
The beauty of the sunset from this view was gorgeous and I was speechless.
"I know right?" Hiro spoke.
Hiro scooter closer to me and Baymax slowly walked over and sat down next to both of us.
I put my arms back and leaned against them.
"It's beautiful..." I spoke out.
Hiro nodded.
We spend the next few moments in silence, illuminated by the glow of the setting sun.

As the sun slowly passed the horizon, I saw Hiro turn to look at me in my peripheral vision.
I slowly turned to face him as well.
He just stared at me.
I stared back.
A minute passed and I quietly spoke up, "Um, is something wrong?"
"You're beautiful." He spoke.
I turned bright red, "W-What?"
"I mean it. You're beautiful." He looked away sheepishly.
I stared at him, processing. I didn't know what I was feeling. I was all warm and fuzzy.
I looked back at the sunset and reached over, gently grabbing his hand.
I interlocked our fingers and slowly leaned my head on his shoulder.
I wasn't sure what this boy was making me feel, but I liked it.

We sat silently a few more moments before I heard Baymax look over at Hiro.
"Your emotional state has improved. I can deactivate if you say you are satisfied with your care." He spoke.
Hiro looked over, "What? No I don't want you to deactivate."
He stood up and I immediately missed his touch.
He stepped in front of Baymax, "We still have to find that guy. So um, fire up that super scanner and scan for him again."
A moment passed before Baymax spoke up again.
"I have found a match, there." He pointed and I looked over in that direction. "On that island."
Hiro looked at me and I nodded. We climbed back onto Baymax and off we went to pick up the rest of the gang.
We were going to catch this guy once and for all.