Chapter 30 - Aftermath

Hiro's POV
I was on Baymax's back as we flew into the portal.
Thoughts swarmed my mind.
Why did I kiss her??
I don't even know if she feels the same way about me!!
I disregarded it, focusing on the task at hand.
I looked around, it was like a whole different dimension. It was colorful clouds floating around.
We flew past one and saw a lot of Krei tech debris.
"Careful! There's Krei tech debris everywhere!" I called out to Baymax.
I was looking around when I piece flew right at us. I winced back but Baymax dodged.
He continued to fly us around big pieces.
Then I noticed a large chunk flying at us.
I jumped off his back through a window and ran along the piece before jumping back through another window.
Baymax had turned around and caught me in his arms. I smiled at him.
"I have located the patient." He spoke and looked up. I looked up and saw the pod in the distance.
"Hurry!" I spoke and climbed to attach to his back.
Baymax flew us off and over to the pod before stopping and gently grabbing it.
I wiped the glass to see her sleeping peacefully.
"Come on, buddy, let's get her home." I spoke.
I climbed onto the top of the capsule as Baymax adjusted to hold the back of it.
"I'll guide you out of here. Let's go!" I spoke quickly and Baymax took off.
We started to fly towards the debris.
"Veer right!" I spoke and he listened, dodging the incoming debris.
"Okay! To the left!" I called out.
We flew off to the left, dodging a stream of concrete.
"Hard right!"
He dodged another chunk.
"Up and over!" We did a flip around a large piece of the building.
"Okay level off. Easy." I spoke as we flew through a window.
"Whoo-hoo! Nice flying!" I called out as we flew towards the exit of the portal.
I smiled and looked back at Baymax.
We're gonna make it!
I turned back to see a large piece of debris coming at us.
I winced back before Baymax climbed in front of me and the pod and took the hit.
I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and opened them to see Baymax floating away, armor almost completely destroyed.
"Baymax!" I screamed out.
I stood on the pod and reached out for him.
"Baymax!"
I heard his thrusters sputter.
"My thrusters are inoperable." He spoke.
I reached for him, "Just, grab hold!"
He reached over and grabbed my hand and I pulled him to me and the pod.
I glanced back at the portal opening.
Crap
We aren't gonna make it
I could feel tears well up in my eyes.
I might never see Y/N again. Is this where it ends? In some other dimension?
"There is still a way I can get you both to safety." I heard suddenly.
I looked back in confusion to see Baymax put his rocket fist into the pod's rocket.
I looked up in shock as I realized what was happening.
"I cannot deactivate until you say you are satisfied with your care." Baymax spoke.
"No, no, no, no. Wait. What about you?" I asked.
"You are my patient."
"B-B-Baymax-"
"Your health is my only concern."
"Stop! I-I'm gonna figure out-"
"Are you satisfied with your care?"
"No. There's gotta be another way." I felt myself tear up. "I'm not gonna leave you here! I'll think of something!"
C'mon brain!
Think of something!
"W-What about the others. Y/N! She needs you! You can't leave us! She needs you! I-I need you!"
"There is no time. Are you satisfied with your care?" He asked again.
I felt my heart break, "Please! No..." I sobbed, "I can't lose you too."
"Hiro, I will always be with you." He spoke.
I felt the tears slip. I pulled him in for a hug as they slipped down my cheeks.
Slowly, I pulled away.
"I'm satisfied with my care..." I spoke, voice cracking.
I held onto the top of the pod as Baymax looked down before firing off his rocket fist.
I stared as we flew out of the portal.
I hit the ground outside the portal right as it blew up.
Tears were still slipping down my cheeks and I sobbed.
I miss him already...

Y/N's POV
I had been chewing on my knuckles to the point where they were dripping blood down my hands but I didn't even notice. The gang and I were looking at the portal anxiously. That's when I saw something fly out right before it exploded.
Without thinking twice I jumped over the wall piece we were hiding behind.
"Hiro!" I called out for him, relief hitting me like a truck.
The gang followed behind me.
"Yeah they made it!" Fred called out.
We were all running over, that's when I noticed I didn't see Baymax.
We slowly came to a halt as I saw Hiro slide off the pod.
"Baymax?" I asked cautiously.
Hiro looked away sadly. I didn't care about my ribs or the state I was in.
I found myself running, running towards Hiro. I crashed into him and tackled him to the ground, holding onto him tightly. I didn't want to let him go, scared I'd lose him.
"Y-Y/N?" He asked, flushed.
I tightened my grip around him, holding him close to me.
I felt him slowly wrap his arms around me and nuzzle into the top of my head.
The others came up behind me.
"You two sure seem like some close, 'friends'" I heard Gogo but I completely ignored her, pulling Hiro closer.
Slowly, I pulled away and sat up. Hiro sat up after me. I stood up and offered him my hand. He took it and I pulled him up.
I went to let go and he gripped my hand tightly. I returned the grip, holding his hand tightly in my own. I still felt like I could lose him at any moment.
I coughed slightly and Hiro finally seemed to notice my hands.
"Y/N your hands!" He spoke and took them into his own.
I looked away, "I was biting...it's an anxious habit. Sorry..."
He looked up at my face, "I'm not mad, it's ok. I'll put some bandages on them when we get home."
I nodded and we walked off with the group right as the cops and paramedics started showing up.
We rushed away, not needing to be seen.