Chapter 17 - Fred's Place

Y/N's POV

I walked with the group down a street, following Fred. We were all shivering and I glanced at my hands, which were occasionally dripping blood onto the concrete.
"Where are we?" Honeylemon asked.
I looked around. We seemed to be approaching a mansion. I was confused, yet curious.
Fred turned and started walking up the steps to the front door of this huge mansion and Hiro called out, "Fred. W-Where are you going?"
We all stood outside of the steps in front of the house.
Fred looked at us confused for a moment before smiling and speaking, "Oh. Welcome to mi casa! That's French for 'front door.'"
I chuckled softly which earned me a look from Hiro while Honeylemon responded.
"It's really...not."
Gogo started to chew out Fred and I looked at the ground, beginning to tune them out when the door opened.
A butler stepped out and Gogo paused her speech, holding her hand out. I glanced up to see what was going on.
"Welcome home master Frederick."
Everybody froze and I looked up in shock while Fred exchanged some words with his...butler.
I looked at Hiro who was standing next to me and I smiled softly at his shocked expression, it was funny.
He looked at me and I turned red and looked away, dropping the smile.
"Come on in guys we'll be safe." Fred spoke and gave his butler a fist bump.
Everyone started walking in but I trailed behind, a little unsure. Hiro turned to look at me and before I could say anything walked up to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the door.
My eyes widened my my heart rate increased at the contact.
He's touching me!
Physical contact!
I got goosebumps while Hiro lead me inside and Baymax came in last. I muttered, almost whispered, a quiet thank you to the Butler who was holding the door open.
We all walked in silence for a minute while Fred led us through his house.
"Freddie? This is your house?" Honeylemon asked quietly.
I noticed Hiro was still holding my hand and I gently pulled it away. It was making me mildly uncomfortable. I still didn't know how I was supposed to feel about him. The guilt was still pounding the back of my head.
"I thought you lived under a bridge" Gogo spoke and I chuckled quietly.
We continued our walk down a hallway with paintings all over the walls. Many of Fred.
"Well technically it belongs to my parents. They're on a vacay on the family island, you know we should totally go some time. Frolic." Fred spoke and turned around, waking backwards.
He turned back towards the doors we approached and clapped twice, opening the door. We stepped inside to be overwhelmed with superhero and monster geekiness.
My eyes widened and I held in a laugh.
"You gotta be kidding me." Gogo spoke.
Everyone looked around, stunned for a second.
I heard Wasabi talk to Gogo, but I wasn't really listening.
I walked forward into the room and Hiro followed behind me. I sat down on a bench at a table and he sat next to me, grabbing a pen and some paper.
I stared at his face as he started to draw something.
Hiro...
How did I mess us up so badly...
We were such good friends...
I sighed and frowned, folding my hands together and placing them onto the table. I shivered, my wet clothes starting to bug me.
I didn't like my clothes sticking to me, people could see my body size, it made me uncomfortable. I normally wore baggy clothes to prevent that. Luckily, my clothes were big enough to conceal my true size, but I definitely looked smaller.
I fiddled my thumbs together and heard the familiar robotic footsteps approach behind.
"Your body temperatures are still, low." The while fluffy robot spoke.
This made me smile softly, Baymax reminded me of Tadashi. However it didn't last long, soon the deep familiar sadness washed over me after thinking of him.
"Yeah uh-huh" Hiro responded, not really paying attention.
Just then I felt an arm pull me in and I was pressed up against Hiro's side. My eyes shot open and I blushed violently, feeling an arm wrap over my right side.
Baymax had pressed us together and leaned over us.
I glanced at Hiro's face and he seemed to have turned slightly pink as well but he looked over his shoulder at Baymax. As if on cue, Baymax turned a light red and heat started emitting from him.
I sighed happily and relaxed slightly into the fluffy robot, finally stopping my shivering.
Hiro went back to his drawing and Fred ran up from behind and jumped to lean on Baymax, groaning in delight.
"It's like spooning a warm marshmallow..." he spoke out in a relaxed way.
Everyone started to walk over and lean on the warm Baymax and it made me smile.
Hiro finished what he was drawing and picked it up, studying it. I looked at it and up at him briefly.
He looked at me and showed me it before turning to the others. "Does this symbol mean anything to you guys?" He asked.
I heard Fred, "Yes! It's a bird!"
I rolled my eyes and rested my face in my hand which leaned on the table.
"No, the guy in the mask was carrying something with this symbol on it." Hiro responded.
Baymax stood up and started to talk, I missed the warmth immediately and shivered.
"Apprehending the man in the mask will improve Hiro's emotional state."
Yikes
Get called out
Gogo spoke out in disbelief, "Apprehend him? We don't even know who he is."
Fred interjected, "I have a theory."
He led us to his couch where he distributed comic books.
I tuned everyone out while they discussed everything and stared blankly off into the distance.
Tadashi...I'm so sorry
I couldn't get my mind off of him. I missed him so much.
I felt the couch sink next to me and looked up.
I was relieved when I saw it was just Hiro before I remembered we weren't on good terms and my anxiety started to increase.
We held eye contact for a brief moment before I looked down at my thumbs as I fiddled them together.
"You ok?" He asked me and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. The contact made me blush.
"Yeah I'm fine...just a little cold." I lied through my teeth to him.
He took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders, surprising me.
"Here, I don't know if it'll help much but take it."
I blushed, feeling the heat come to my cheeks as Hiro turned his attention back to Fred.
I raised a cold hand to my cheek, feeling the warmth and smiled.
"The man in the mask who attacked us is none other than..." Fred turned on the TV to show a picture of Krei.
"Voila! Alister Krei." Fred finished.
I raised my eyebrows in suspicion.
Krei?
Why him?
Hiro stood up, "What?"
"Think about it. Krei wanted your microbots and you said no. But rules don't apply to a man like Krei." Fred defended.
Hiro walked towards the screen, "There's no way. The guy is too high profile."
I stood up, adjusting Hiro's jacket so it wouldn't fall off. "Hiro's right. He's got too much of a reputation for that."
"Then who was that guy in the mask?" Honeylemon asked.
"I-I don't know..." Hiro responded. "We don't know anything about him."
I nodded in agreement.
"His blood type is AB negative. Cholesterol levels are-" Baymax started and Hiro cut him off.
"Baymax you scanned him?!"
"I am programmed to assess everyone's healthcare needs."
I smiled as I realized what was happening.
"Yes!" Hiro shouted and laughed. "I can use the data from your scan to find him!"
He ran a hand through his hair.
"Uhm Hiro...you'd have to scan everyone in San Fransokyo, which could...well...take-" i started but Gogo interjected,
"Forever."
I looked at her and we exchanged brief eye contact.
Hiro spoke up, "No, no no no. I...I just have to look for another angle."
I took in a sharp breath, recognizing the phrase from Tadashi. A tear slipped down my cheek and I wiped it quickly before anyone could notice.
"Got it! I'll scan the whole city at the same time. I just have to upgrade Baymax's sensor." Hiro spoke as he picked up an action figure.
I guess that's one way to solve your problem
Use that genius brain of yours to simply upgrade everything haha
He looked up at the figures in front of him.
Oh no
I don't like that look in your eye
"Actually, if we're gonna catch this guy, I need to upgrade all of you."
Oh lord save us all