[51] Time

It's been four months since we lost Ace and slowly everything is starting to feel some what okay again. But I know that things will never be the same without him. Marni is now currently seven months pregnant with their baby girl, I am currently nine months pregnant and ready to pop any day now. My expected birthing date is in three days time, but our little man could be early or late, it's just a waiting game now.

"Morning beautiful," Jex smiles, as he makes his way downstairs dressed in some ripped jeans and a simple T-shirt in maroon.

"Morning," I smile back, as I finish making our morning coffees.

"You're up early this morning," he comments, as he takes a long sip of his coffee.

"That's because I'm meeting with Marni this morning remember? We're going shopping and then getting lunch."

"Should you be doing that? I mean you could go into labor any day now."

"I'm going to the mall Jex, not the moon. I'll be fine."

"Alright, alright, forgive a man for wanting to make sure his fiancé and mother of his child doesn't put herself in any kind of danger."

Making my way over, I press a kiss to his lips. "I love you Jex, I love that you worry about me and about our son. I promise if anything at all happens, I'll call you right away."

"I spoke to the boys and I'm working from home this week, so I'll be close."

"Do you have a second before you head to the office? There is something I was wanting to talk to you about."

He says, as he takes my hand and walks me into the living room, where we sit down on the couch. "Whats on your mind baby?"

"Our son will be here any day now and we still haven't decided on a name."

"You mean we're not going with Jex junior?" He jokes.

"No, we're not going with Jex junior," I giggle softly and shake my head. "But I did have a suggestion to make. However, you can say no if you don't think it's a good idea. Of course I'll have to talk to Marni as well, to make sure it's okay, but what do you think about naming him Ace?"

"Ace?" He raises his brows in surprise.

"I mean, I know it was kind of a joke he made about us naming him Ace. But it was the last thing he ever said to me and again, I know he was just joking. However, I really like it and it means something to us and ..."

"Bella," he squeezes my hand. "I love the name and I completely agree with your reasoning. If Marni is okay with it, then we should name him Ace."

"Really?" I smile up at him.

"Really," he leans in and presses a kiss to my lips.

...

Marni and I spend the morning shopping, mostly in the baby stores, but also in a few of the clothing stores, where we got Marni some more maternity clothing. As for me, I'm not bothering with clothes right now. I'm about to have our little one any day and who knows what size I'll be once he's born. Maybe I'll be the same, maybe I'll keep a bit of weight on. Either way I won't be pressing myself to bounce back.

"You ready for lunch? I'm starving," Marni questions

"I'm beyond ready," I say with a smile, as I rub my huge stomach.

We make our way into the food court and find a place to sit, placing our bags down. "You go first," I assure Marni. "I'll wait with the bags."

It doesn't take long for Marni to grab her food. Once she's back I then go and get mine, a cold chicken salad and a bottle of water.