[42] Baby Ricci?

It's been almost three months since Jex and I had our first ultrasound scan and check up on the baby. While we've had a few since then, we're both very excited, because today we're finding out the sex of our baby.

As we sit in the waiting room I look around, taking everyone in as I do. It's then that I notice Lucy (the girl pregnant to my brother) walk in. She's much bigger than me; however, she is also a lot further into her pregnancy. I'd guess that (given the timeline) she'd probably only have around a month until she's due, maybe even less.

I watch as she checks in and makes her way over. She doesn't notice me, which I'll admit I'm thankful for, as I don't really know what to say. I continue to monitor her from afar as she sits down beside a male, who she greets with a kiss.

My eyes widen and I look over at Jex, who notices what's happening as well.

"I was starting to think I had the wrong time," the unknown male speaks.

"No baby, it just took me a while to get out of the house. Abel was still home and whenever I go out he wants to keep tabs on me."

"Sounds like we have him right where we want him then."

"Oh we do," she nods. "And I've told him I want to be married before the baby is born. So guess who's becoming a Ricci next week?"

"Yeah, well I wish you wouldn't wear that ring around me," he huffs.

"Honey don't be mad. You know this is your baby. We're only doing this for the money. Besides, once I'm married next week we'll have all the money in the world and we can be the proper family we always wanted," she leans in and kisses him again.

"Lucy Miller," the nurse calls and the couple stand, making their way down the hall.

I turn back to Jex, looking at him in pure shock. "Please tell me you heard all of that?"

"Every word," he nods. "What are you going to do?"

"I have to tell my brother. I know he hates me right now, but I can't just sit by and let him marry a gold digger. He doesn't deserve that. I don't want him to suffer the heartache of having a baby ripped away from him, one that he has been lead to believe is his."

"Isabella Ricci," another nurse calls.

"Come on, we'll deal with it as soon as we've had our appointment," Jex says taking my hand, as we stand up and make our way over to the nurse.

...

"So you'd both like to know the sex of the baby?" Our doctor questions.

"Yes," we say in unison, causing me to giggle softly.

"In that case, I can confirm you're having a baby boy," she grins.

I turn and look up at Jex, who now has tears rolling down his cheeks, along with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen. "You got your baby boy," I smile and take his hand.

"I don't even know what to say. I, I'm lost for words," he wipes his tears quickly.

"I'll give you both some time. You can pick up your images from front reception and your next appointment is already booked. Congratulations to the both of you," she smiles warmly.

"Thank you, see you soon," I smile, as she leaves the room. I then look back up at Jex. "You okay baby?"

"I'm happy," he smiles and leans down, pressing a kiss to my lips. "Thank you."

"What for?" I giggle softly. "I didn't choose to give you a boy."

"Boy or girl, it didn't matter. Thank you for giving me a family again."