[13] Fire with fire

Amelia's POV:

Buzz, buzz.

I take my buzzing phone from my pocket to see Abel's name across the screen.

"No you can't have a party at my club with free drinks," I answer with a smirk.

"Funny," he fake laughs on the other end "Where are you right now?"

"I'm just about to reach the club. Why? What's up?"

"Just keep your eye out for anything that doesn't seem right."

"Uh, okay," I look up at my building. "I ..., is something wrong?"

"The Vipers gained access to our locked information and they know it's one of us who owns the new club."

"And? Why would they care about that?"

"Because we found out that the new leader of the Vipers, Jex Shelby, is actually Jex Viper and owns V nightclub."

"Wait what?" I ask in pure shock.

"Yeah, he was given his mother's maiden name at birth so people wouldn't find out about it him. Apparently he was not a part of the gang, that was until his father passed away and the role of leader was left to him, now he's the boss."

"I ... I just, I'm so confused. We go to V almost every weekend and we've never had any trouble, was it a recent purchase?"

"No, he's owned it since the day it was opened. Maybe prior to this he wasn't interested in fighting with us, because he wasn't part of it all, but now he is he's been looking into us and our club."

"My club," I correct.

"Yeah okay, your club," he huffs. "Anyway why I'm calling is because we need to do something about this. We need to send them a message, that we know it was them who got into our files and if it's a war they want, it's war they'll get."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Let's fight fire with actual fire."

"Actual fire?" I raise a brow.

"How would you like to be the only club in town cousin?"

A smirk grows upon my face as I finally realize where he's going with all of this. "Okay, I'm listening."

Abel delivers his pretty simple plan. Basically, he'd like for myself and the girls to be part of all of this and I of course agree, it seems simple enough.

"Oh and Amelia, don't tell Bella about this plan of ours. You know how she is, she'll try to stop us and make us feel bad about it."

"I can do that. I can't promise she won't come to the club though, if it's going to be a girls night she needs to be there or she'll know something is up."

"Just do what you need to do, as long as you set the place on fire, I really don't care."

"Goodbye Abel."

"Bye Amelia."

I hang up from Abel and dial my twin sister Marni's phone number right away, listening intently as it rings.

"Hey Mils, what's up?"

"You're not busy tomorrow night are you?"

"Uh, no, I can be free, why what's up?"

"Abel has put us on a job, we're burning down V."

"V? Why the fuck are we burning down V?"

"It turns out that the new leader of the Vipers owns it and has done so since its opening. We just didn't know it because his name had been hidden."