[22] Us

Bella's POV:

It's been a week since Jex and I put everything on the table about our families, and for the past week I've spent five of the seven days at his place. Most of the time I lie to my parents and tell them I'm staying with a friend, but I'm pretty sure they're onto me. However, whilst they don't ask me questions I won't be answering any.

Tonight is the opening of Inferno, the bar and club that Marni and Amelia are opening. The only club in town now they've burnt down Jex's. As much as I almost don't want to go, because of everything that's happened, I know that I have to. Amelia and I have always been very close and I don't want to let her down by not attending.

I kept the opening to myself, up until last night, and didn't mention anything to Jex. Not because I think he'll do anything bad, like blow it up (as my cousins did to him). But because I was worried he might get annoyed that I'm attending the place that cost him his business. But to my surprise, after talking to him last he wasn't annoyed at all. He said that he understood why I needed to go, family is still family and that he supports whatever I want and need to do.

I know it's only been a week, but I do feel really supported by Jex. Now that everything is out in the open we speak a lot more openly to one another. I speak about my family and he speaks about his, but we don't speak about the Cobras or the Vipers. The closest we've gotten, is Jex coming home annoyed one afternoon. I asked him if he was okay and he said it had been a long day, and he had a lot happening at work.

Whilst I know that I've been extremely open with Jex, about things like my father killing his, and I know it could blow up in my face if he wanted to use it against me. Despite the fact I am scared about it, my feelings for Jex are so strong that I didn't want to keep something as big as that from him and risk having it blow up in my face later. We both agreed to be open and honest, adding that whatever was said wouldn't leave the room and I believe that he will stick to his word.

"You look beautiful," I hear from behind me.

I look in the mirror at my reflection and smile at Jex standing in the doorway, admiring my outfit, a figure-hugging white lace dress with small sleeves and some strappy white heels to match. "Thank-you," I smile at him, still looking at him through the mirror. I pull my blonde curled hair over my shoulder and using the blonde coloured hair tie on my wrist, tie it to keep it in place just over one shoulder.

"I wish I was going with you. Especially when you look this good," he whispers now standing behind me, his arms wrap around my waist and he presses his lips to the side of my neck, sending chills all over my body.

"Mmm, I wish you could come as well," I snuggle back into his arms. "But all of my family will be there, my brother included, and they all know who you are. I don't want to risk any bad blood."

"I know," he presses another kiss to the side of my neck and lets go of his hold on me, moving back. I spin around and wrap my arms around his neck, smiling up at him. "I know we're not meant to talk about work-related things, but I wouldn't be able to come tonight anyway, because I have a job to do."

"Oh," I reply softly. "I know I'm not meant to ask but ..."

"It's uh, it's risky," he nods his head, cutting me off before I even got to finish my sentence. "And it has nothing to do with the Cobras."

"Okay," I nod my head slowly. "Well, will you text me throughout the night so I know you're okay?"

"I will," he tucks a stray piece of hair behind the opposite ear to my pony tail. "I'll text you, and I'll call you when I'm on my way home."

"Okay," I nod.

He leans down and presses a kiss to my lips, before pulling back. "I'll see you later."