[11] Friends

It's been a month since Jex and I started seeing each other exclusively, and to say it's been amazing is an understatement. I've never met anyone quite like him. He's smart, charming and mature, but at the same time he's playful, funny and makes me smile like you wouldn't believe. Don't even get me started on looks, every time he enters a room shirtless I practically have to wipe the drool from my face, I've never been so attracted to someone.

Because everything is so new I still haven't introduced him to my family, they know I'm seeing someone, but I refuse to give them his name or address. I made it clear that if my Papa, brother or any member of the Cobras go digging, or follow me around, it won't end well.

It took a little talk from Mum, fortunately they came around in the end and allowed me to make my own decisions; not getting involved, for now.

Most of the time we hang out at Jex's place, but we do go out for dinner once a week on date night. Jex arranges a new place for us go and eat, it's usually followed by a long drive and a talk.

The only people who really know about us are Alyssa and Malcolm, who have quickly become my friends, we hangout with them a lot.

When I'm not with Jex I'm working at my parents' hotel. The hotel isn't used as a facade, like a lot of my father's business, well not for the most part anyway. Occasionally it is used for underground business, but only when it's really, really needed.

My job in the hotel is the paperwork side of things, making sure everything is all in check and we're making money as we should be. I'm not the owner, but I'm higher than the manager.

Jex and I don't really talk about work, I can only assume he doesn't talk to me about his work because I don't talk to him about mine, but that's because I don't want to lie to him.

There is so much to know about me and my family. I need to make sure that I can trust him, before I tell him all there is to know about me.

I make my way down the hall and into the kitchen, now dressed in my pyjamas after a hot shower, but stop once I hear Jex on the phone.

"I don't give a fuck, sort it out, I can't come in right now."

Silence.

"Yeah and what will I tell Bella huh?"

Silence.

"Just fucking sort it, you're second in command," he hangs up the phone.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly.

He turns to me and gives me a small smile. "Yeah just work, they wanted me to come in."

"You can go in if you need to, I can stay here or I can head home?"

"No, they knew I was busy tonight. It's all good they'll sort it," he turns and pulls the popcorn from the microwave. "Besides, the popcorn is ready," he hands the bowl out to me.

"You know the way to my heart Jex Shelby," I take the bowl from him and kiss his cheek.

...

We spend a few hours on the couch snuggled up together, watching movies and eating popcorn.

Jex chose to watch a mafia movie, which I found funny enough but didn't say anything out loud. It was hard not to have opinions throughout, like if that was my dad he would've done it this way, or, I know how you feel boo, toward the male lead who is trying to navigate love and the mafia.

In the middle of the movie the story takes a turn, when the female lead finds out her lover is part of the mafia and freaks out. Really I don't see what the big deal is, but that's probably just me.