Chapter six

Alex's p.o.v

We were trapped!

I turned to Annie and she was passed out. Of course! Her father had died from a car accident. I noticed the car stopping right before hitting us.

The driver got out and walked towards us with a gun and I pulled Annie close to me and ducked both of us down with my right shoulder exposed enough for the shooter to hit me.

I heard him walk around and shoot the car aimlessly. My shoulder was hurting but I brushed it off. I had to keep her safe!

Once I was sure that the attacker had disappeared, I lifted my head up and looked at the beauty under me.

I caressed her cheek before opening my door and throwing her on my left shoulder. The fuckers had shot the tires, so I had to walk to the hospital.

She didn't seem injured but I wanted to be one hundred percent sure! I felt the need to make sure she was alright!

Luckily, the hospital wasn't far from where we were. As soon as we walked in, a nurse approached us with a portable hospital bed. I laid her there all the while answering the nurse's questions.

"Sir, you need to get that shoulder checked!" Only now I noticed that blood had surfaced past my jacket.

"I need to make a phone call first!" I said.

"WHAT?!" Shawn yelled in my ear after I told him what had happened. "Is she okay?"

"They're doing some check ups on her sa we speak!" I winced when the nurse put a cloth of alcohol on my wound.

"And you?" He asked.

"Just a scratch!" I didn't give him much detail afraid that I was on speaker and my mother could be listening.

"We will talk more when I get there!" He hung up the phone.

"You're very lucky, sir!" The nurse said while patching up my wound. "The bullet hasn't done any lethal damage!"

"And the girl I came here with? How is she?" I asked.

"She is completely fine! Just needs some rest, like you!" She ordered me.

"I have to see her, please!" I tried to get up.

"Where do you think you're going mister?" Great! My mother was here!

"Mother, I'm alright!" I tried to convince her.

"Roy, can you please talk some sense onto your son?" She turned to my father.

"Alex, you can't go anywhere! Your mother is right! You need to rest!" I rolled my eyes at them.

"And I thought the princess was dramatic!" I snorted and saw the nurse leaving.

"Now that we are alone, why don't you tell us what happened?" Dad took a seat.

"We were attacked!" I said simply.

"Do you have any idea of who it might've been?"

"No, I didn't see much! I was more focused on trying to stay alive!" He pursed his lips.

"Who was the target?" He asked and I shrugged.

"That's the weird part! They weren't trying to kill us!" I said recalling the aimless shooting.

"Alright, I'll see what I can find out!" He said getting up. "Please, try to get some rest or else your mother will kill me!"

"I'm right here!" She said and I laughed at my father's expression.

After they left, I decided to take their advice and get some rest, but not before making a mental note to check on Annie later. It had been a long day for the both of us.