Chapter twenty seven

Shawn's p.o.v

She was going to kill me if she were to find out the truth. The thing is that I'm terrible at keeping secrets from her.

"I wonder why you are drinking without me," Angel sat in front of me.

"You're not going to like this,"

"How bad is it?"

"I may or may not have told a good word or two to your boss," I lowered my eyes to not meet hers.

She remained silent.

"I thought you threatened him!" She laughed bitterly.

"You knew?" She never failed to surprise me.

"No-one hires you that fast, especially someone with no professional experience!"

"Are you mad?"

"Of course I am mad! You took away an amazing opportunity from someone who was actually qualified," her eyes filled with sadness as she spoke.

"I never looked at it in this way!" I confessed with embarrassment.

"Why would you? We have grown up with everything on our fingertips, forgetting or not thinking about the ones that had to work three jobs just to have a roof above their head. I'll quit tomorrow morning! I don't want to work there and be reminded that someone far better than me deserves that position," her determination left no room for discussion.

"Are you ready to order yet?" The waitress asked.

"I'm not hungry anymore," Angela stood up and left.

I paid for the drinks I had and made sure that I left a tip for the waitress before I went to chase Angela. Searching around the parking lot, I didn't see her car anywhere. I couldn't blame her for not wanting to see me. Even Angels had their breaking point.

135 THE PAST WILL RETURN.

I didn't understand it then, but I would soon enough.