Chapter twenty five

Death's p.o.v

Everybody has a chapter they don't read aloud, but for some, that chapter is the heart of their book. Whether we notice or not, we are writing our book as we go. What would happen if you lost it? Well, you could always write another.

But what if you lost the pen? What if you lost the strength to keep writing? What would become of you if one day you would not be able to write your own story? Perhaps, someone else would find the pen and write for you. Would they do a good job?

Is your mind capable of accepting the fact that it no longer has freedom? Are you strong enough to keep going without having to remind yourself of what you have been through?

Would you smile at the devil, if you were to cross paths? Or would an angel become your shield? Would you keep going if everything was against you? Even if yourself was against you? Would you fight or would you stop to breathe?

I have always wondered who is stronger; someone who smiles at the darkness or someone who kills it. Either way; I'm always around!

Personally, I like the ones who aren't afraid of me. I get lonely too and it gets boring sometimes messing with the ones who almost have a heart attack just by mentioning me.

There's this... uhhmm... princess who I love playing chess with. Granted, she doesn't know it yet. Maybe this is the reason why I always take from her. Although I wonder if she would notice our game if I took the king from her. He's A pain in the ass. Always makes me feel like I'm a third wheel, when in reality, he's the one who has interrupted my plans with the princess, soon to be queen...

I don't know when or if I will be able to part ways with her. I took her dad, her innocent mind, her hopes, her dreams. I have tried taking her mother as well, but she won't give up.

That reminds me, how is she able to keep fighting for so long? I have her parents, her husband and I almost had the love of her life. By almost, I mean that they slipped from my grip. I do have all of their souls though; all of them except the king and queen's soul. It feels as though they have become one.

I wish I could have them, but their strength is unbearable, even for me. I must wait for it to weaken, even though I doubt that will happen.

The queen wore the fire like a crown and when the devil glanced her way, you can be sure that he winked. The king would get jealous, but smile at the sight. He could only imagine how fortunate he was to have such a queen by his side.