Chapter one

Annie's p.o.v

Two years ago

It was raining heavily and I was home alone. It was Saturday, so none of the maids were here. I was laying in bed watching 'The Vampire Diaries' for the millionth time, but can you blame me? The men on that show were ridiculously hot.

I got hungry and went to the kitchen to make a sandwich. I switched on the lights and started cooking. I looked out the window and saw that the weather was getting worse and I got worried. Mom and dad were supposed to be out for two hours max. They should be getting home now. Right as I finished cooking, I got a call.

"Hello!" I answered.

"Hello! Is this Annabelle Carson?" They said and fear crept into me.

"Yes! Is everything okay?" I was nervous.

"There has been an accident on 6th street!" I froze. "It appears that the people involved are Aiden Carson and Rose Carson."

"They're my parents! How are they?" They had to be fine.

"Your mother is at the hospital!" I let out a breath of relief.

"And my dad?" I asked and they stayed silent for a moment. "Hello?"

"We're sorry for your loss!" I broke down. No! This wasn't real.

Present day

Guns were fired and after that I heard an applause. I turned around and saw my trainer, Jack, smiling proudly at me.

"You're getting better. Perhaps I should be afraid of you!" He said and I smiled at him.

"Don't piss me off and you should be fine!" I shrugged and put the gun in its place.

"Believe me, I won't!" He threw his hands up in surrender and chuckled. "Anyway, your mother called. She said to meet her at the house after you were done."

"Alright, let me change first and then we'll go." I said and went to the dressing room. The room was dark and I preferred it that way. It gave me comfort.

My father's death had changed me, physically and mentally. I was no longer that 'ray of sunshine', as he used to call me... I missed him. A lot. As I finished lacing up my shoes I turned to the door.

"I knew you would be here!" Shawn, my older cousin by two years, said with his hands folded over his chest. Since he was still wearing a suit, I figured he had come here straight from work. I got up and went up to him.

"Hey!" I wrapped my arms around him and he did as well. I tilted my head so I could see him. "How are things at the company?" I asked. My father had left the company to mom and I, but since neither of us had the proper education to run it, we decided it was best to have him do so.

"As usual! How are you feeling today?" The look on his face was the same look everyone has been giving me since my father's death.

"As usual!" I replied and he let me go. "Mom wants me to meet her at the house."

"I know! That's why I came here." He said and I gave him a puzzled look. "She has asked for me too." He elaborated and I nodded.

"Alright, then! Let's go before she kills us for being late!" I said and we both chuckled. We went outside and I noticed that Jack had left. Shawn's car was parked next to where my car used to be. I turned to him confused. "Where's my car?"

"I told the chauffeur to send it home!" He was calm. "I wanted to talk to you about something privately!"

I really hoped he hadn't found out about my secret.

______________________________________

The devil is back 😈

As I have previously told you, I'm rewriting this story. Also, I changed the title from "A lost love" to "Burning Fire" and I have a new cover.

Hope you like the story and enjoy ❤