Chapter three

Annie's p.o.v

It was a tie! This was the first time I hadn't won a race! I got out of the car and he was smirking at me.

"About the funeral, what should I write on your tombstone?" He had the audacity to ask. This guy was crazy!

"How about your name? It is your funeral after all!" Fine. Two can play this game.

"It was a tie!" Ricky interrupted us. "Stop bickering like children!"

"Ricky! On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love life?" I gave him my best fake smile and he shut it.

Then a phone ringed. I checked my pockets but it wasn't my phone ringing.

"I have to go, princess! See you around!" He said after he ended the call.

"What makes you think that we will see each other again?" I challenged letting his nickname slide for the time being.

"I just know!" He replied and then drove of.

"You're giving me a ride!" I turned to Ricky and checked the time. "I have to be home before dinner."

"Aren't we going to talk about how hot that guy was?" He asked after we had been driving for a while.

"I thought you liked Jack?" I teased him.

"Just because my heart is locked, doesn't mean that my eyes are too!" He gave a look. "Now, a scale of 1 to 10, how hot was that guy?"

I chuckled at his words. Sometimes I wondered how had we even become friends. I looked outside the mirror and recognized my neighbourhood.

"Park here!"

"But your house is at the end of the street?" Ricky was confused about my statement.

"I know! I want to walk there!" I told him but he didn't seem convinced.

"I'm not going to let you walk alone in the dark." He stated. "If something happens to you, your entire family will hunt me down and kill me. So, no! I'm not going to park here!"

"Don't be such a drama queen!" I rolled my eyes at him. "As a matter of fact, you have to park here now. "

"Huh?" He was confused.

"I don't know if you have noticed, but we're here!" I said with amusement.

"You never wanted to walk here, did you?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"No!" I laughed at his face and got out.

"You're going to pay that!" He yelled as I went inside my house.

"Bye!" I sent him a kiss.

I turned around and noticed that mom and Shawn weren't in the living room. I went to check upstairs and right when I was about to knock on mom's door, she opened it.

"You're here!" She said.

"You look beautiful, mom!" She had lightly curled her blonde hair. As for makeup, she had only put on some mascara enhancing her green eyes and a nude lipstick.

"Thank you, sweety!" She smiled at me. "Now, go get ready!"

"Alright!"

I went to my room and started looking for something to wear. After 10 min of searching through my closet, I decided to wear a simple black jumpsuit.

I straightened my brown hair and did a light makeup. By the time I was done, Shawn reminded me that we had to leave.

Mr. Doherty had called Shawn earlier to tell him that we were going to have dinner at the restaurant down town. We got inside the car and the chauffeur drove us there.

"I saw that your car was parked at Angela's house." Shawn broke the silence.

"Yeah, she had to leave earlier and took my car!" I said and he nodded slowly.

"We will talk more later!" He said and I nodded.

"Boss, we're here!" The chauffeur informed him.

"Let's go!" He turned to me and I opened the door.

As soon as I stepped outside, I took a deep breath. I felt mom come behind me and I smiled at her. This was my dad's favourite restaurant. I noticed a small tear forming in the corner in of her eye, but she wiped it away quickly.

"Can we go inside now? I'm starving!" Shawn tried to lighten the mood.

I took another deep breath and went inside. The scene I was met with inside was certainly not my favourite.

"So, we meet again, princess!"

______________________________________

Next chapter will be from a different point of view. That's why this chapter is so short :/

Your devil, Author X