#39: Juleka's Song

The art is not mine! From what I've gathered, this is by Pixiv on some website called Zerochan. This information may be misguided.

'''''

Look at my babiessssss they're so pretty!!! And Juls is smiling!!!

'''''

So, the background for this oneshot is that this is when Rose and Juleka become friends. Juleka is the new girl at school. She's obviously shy and Rose tries to befriend her. She tried several times to find an interest that they both shared---like singing---but Juls always looked uncomfortable, so Rose dropped the subject. Little did she know that Juleka did want to be friends and just was terrible at expressing her feelings. SO, she asked her big bro for some help to get her 'friend' back.

'''''

Enjoy!

'''''

Juleka fiddled with the zipper on her hoodie, nervously. She was never a confident singer. Or even confident, at all. She turned to her brother. "Are you sure about this?" she asked, feeling terrified.

Luka put a hand on her shoulder, comfortingly. "I'm positive. But if this makes you feel uncomfortable, you can just talk to Rose in private and tell her about your social anxiety. I'm sure that she'd understand and would be ecstatic to be your friend."

"I know," she mumbled and pulled the purple tips of her bangs over her face. "But I just feel like she needs a grand gesture after all the times I ran away."

"If that's what you want, then you go get it," the boy looked her straight in her eyes and smiled, warmly. "I'll be with you every step of the way."

"Thanks."

Juleka flinched when she heard her name called on the stage. It was time. 

Knees buckling, the young woman walked the length of the stage, head low. She stopped in the center where the spotlight was, still staring at her shoes. She heard the murmuring of the crowd as they tried to figure out who she was. 

The girl was so nervous, she felt as though she would cry. She bit her lip and ducked her head, already regretting that she was there. A warm hand rested on her shoulder, prompting her to look up into her brother's aquamarine eyes.

"Hey," he said, softly. "You got this."

She let out a shaky breath. "I-I can do this."

"You can do it." Luka smiled. 

"I can do it." She felt more confident as she said this. 

With a nod, Luka sat down on the stool next to her with his guitar in hand. Juleka took a breath, preparing herself. She looked up whilst n the spotlight and out toward the audience.

(A/N: Play song now)

When you were here before, Luka started strumming.

Couldn't look you in the eyes, her soft voice sounded in the awaiting auditorium. She was still terrified, but she had a mission. 

You look like an angel,

Your skin makes me cry,