22 - On The Border Between Madness And Sanity

"I thought, 'God, this is a new territory for me - someone who wants to be with me just because he likes me.' I knew he was the one because he is not afraid of me. He always tells me what he thinks." - Elton John about his relationship with his husband, David Furnish.

-

"Perrie, what the hell?!" Jade says as loud as she can while also trying to stay considerate of her parents, who are sleeping upstairs. "You can't just sneak out like that, I've looked everywhere for you! I was going to call the police," she continues. The last thing she wants to do is to be angry at Perrie, especially after waiting to see her for two months, but it is inevitable. She was so worried that all she could do when Perrie finally came back was to turn that into anger. Her bodyguard was given the keys to the house, just in case, but Jade regrets agreeing to that now. They had such a great day, and it is a shame it ends that way.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were going to wake up and I had my security with me. I never meant to worry you," Perrie apologizes and pulls Jade into a much needed hug.

"Where were you?" Jade quietly asks. Tonight is nothing but another reminder that no one can make her experience feelings as strong as Perrie does. Jade wouldn't have panicked so badly if it was anyone else. One thing's for sure, spending time with Perrie is never boring.

"I... I can't tell you," Perrie answers in a hesitant tone. "Can you trust me on this one? I promise I'll tell you everything very soon. I just can't right now." With these words being said, Jade lets go of Perrie. Trust was never an issue in the relationship between them, but this is just too odd. It was only a few hours ago when they talked about Perrie needing to be more patient, and sneaking out in the middle of the night in a town she is not familiar with, without even leaving a note, is exactly what Jade was talking about. The least Perrie could do was inform her that she was leaving.

"Not that you owe me anything, but you could have waited until the morning, or if it was that urgent than at least tell me you were going. Maybe I could help, I don't know," Jade says.

"It was urgent," Perrie replies and nods her head as she presses her lips together.

"Is everything okay?" Jade asks, clearly confused by this point. Every time she thinks she manages to get a grip on Perrie, she slips right out of her hands again. It's frustrating, and disappointing each time because it seems like she never learns.

"Yeah, everything's fine," Perrie insists and takes a deep breath. Jade can tell that she is trying her best to remain calm, and Jade does the same, but it is not easy.

"What was so urgent about it, then?" Jade challenges Perrie. She knows that is most likely overreacting, but it's just so unfair. She isn't asking for much from Perrie, yet keeps getting disappointed by her. "Pez, you keep saying I get you, but I really don't. I have no idea what you're up to because you literally know no one in this town, and I just... I don't want us to keep secrets from each other."

"Jade, please don't get mad, I don't want you to be mad," Perrie tries bringing the atmosphere back to how it was before she left. However, Jade, being the stubborn person that she truly is, does not seem to back down. "Well, um, this is not how I wanted to do it but I guess I could give it a go," she finally says and tightens her grip on her purse. "Jade, you mean everything to me. I don't want to imagine a world without you. I know we've had our issues, but we talked about every single one of them. We're meant to be together, all we need is-"

"Stop. You can't do this to me, asking me to get back together when you have a boyfriend. This is unfair," Jade cuts her off. The way she sees it, Perrie shouldn't have a first and second priority, regardless of who is better in her eyes, Jade or Alex. As long as Perrie doesn't make a precise choice, she is being cruel to the both of them. "Alex is a good guy, don't play with his feelings like that. He deserves better."