14 - Everything I Wished For

"Even before that, I was like, 'I don't believe in marriage. But shit, it was Mariah Carey. Whatever she [says], I'm with it. If she wanted to go to the moon, I'm like, 'let's go'. If I'm going to marry someone, I'm going to marry her." Nick Cannon about his relationship with Mariah Carey.

-

It is only now becoming clear to Jade that all this time, there was an easier way to do just about anything. She now knows that many of the little inconveniences she used to have can be easily solved just by paying a little extra, which she can afford now that her career is flourishing. Yesterday, Perrie and her used Perrie's jet to get to Paris, and Jade discovered a much more comfortable way to travel. She slept throughout almost the entire flight, cuddling with Perrie, and before she has noticed how much time has passed, they were already preparing for landing. After spending the night at a hotel suite that's significantly larger than Jade's apartment, Jade decided that she could, in fact, get used to this lifestyle.

She is standing at their private balcony with a cup of coffee in her hands as she overlooks the city of Paris. Whilst she has never been here before, and Perrie and her are yet to leave the hotel and explore the streets, she is already in love with the feeling this place brings. Even during the middle of the night, or the morning rush, everyone is just as polite, and not one person she had met appeared stressed or concerned. Jade is sure that the people here have just as many struggles as anyone else, yet it feels different when every encounter between strangers is considered more important than anything else.

Interrupting Jade's thoughts is an incoming call from her best friend Lily. At the sight of the caller ID, Jade is immediately taken over by satisfaction and joy, because they haven't talked in a couple of days and she had definitely missed her.

"Hi," Jade says with a smile after answering the call. Another thing she has learned recently is that she could live with no more than a handful of people in her life, the ones who truly matter, and Lily is undoubtedly one of them.

"Are you okay?" Lily asks in a clearly concerned tone, and it is a surprise to Jade. They are very close, yet it is not unusual for them to be busy for a day or two and only exchange a couple of texts during that time. There is no reason for Lily to be worried.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jade tries to understand.

"You haven't picked up any of my calls today, and now it's one a.m. and you're talking like nothing's wrong. You had me worried," Lily explains, and as Jade connects the dots, she feels her hands become weak and fears that she might drop the phone or the steaming cup she is holding. She realizes that she didn't tell Lily she was traveling to Europe, and probably had plans with her. Hell, did she even tell anyone other than the musicians she is working with?

"It's been a mad twenty four hours, I'm so sorry. Perrie wanted to go to Paris, so I don't really know how to explain it, but we're in Paris now. I didn't know you were calling because I was on the plane, I should have let you know, I'm sorry," Jade apologizes. As she does so, a million thoughts go through her head. There are so many more people than she needs to call, or at least text, to let them know she's abroad. Thinking about it now, she doesn't even know when she will be back. Perrie and her didn't set a time frame for this trip, and while Perrie can live like this, it's exactly what makes Jade stress out. Just like that, all of Paris' magic is gone.

"It's fine," Lily gives Jade the assurance she desperately needs at the moment. "We're still on for Clem's birthday though, right? Because she won't shut up about how Auntie Jade is going to take her to Disney," Lily continues and laughs, and Jade promises that she will be back by then. Afterwards, Jade remembers that it is the middle of the night in LA, and tells Lily that she should go to sleep. They say their goodnights, and Jade sips what's left of her coffee with many doubts and worries in her head. Just when she is about to turn back inside and wash the empty mug in the kitchen, loving arms are wrapped around her from behind, and she lets herself melt into them. It reminds her of why she is here, and what made her so reckless. The reason for all of these things is the way she feels about Perrie.