5 - New Experiences

"I loved taking care of him. It was one of the highest points in my life where things were going really well, and he and I were united. It was a very profound time of my life." Lisa Marie Presley about her relationship with Michael Jackson.

-

"Excuse me," a young woman approaches Jade as Lily, Clem and her are on their way out of the venue where Perrie's show was just held.

"Huh?" Jade asks in visible confusion. It's dark outside and she's not wearing her glasses, which means she can see nothing but blurred figures. It has happened to her plenty of times in situations like this, where she simply didn't recognize someone she knows, and it always ends up being incredibly embarrassing for them both.

"Hi," the girl says with a smile, and as she comes closer, Jade realizes that despite her fears, she actually doesn't recognize her face at all. "I'm really sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could maybe get a picture with you?"

"With me?" Jade doubts the woman's words.

"Yeah, you're Jade, right? The producer who worked with Perrie?" The girl explains, and in that moment, Jade's mind is do overwhelmed that it goes blank. Sure, she had her fifteen minutes of fame after those oddly intimate pictures of Perrie and her came out, but not once did she imagine she would be recognized while being a part of a crowd.

"Oh, yeah, sure," Jade mumbles, unsure of what to say or how to act. She sloppily poses for a photo with the girl, who hands her phone over to Lily. When the pictures are taken, Jade is still clueless, and before she can think of what just happened, the girl speaks.

"Did you enjoy the show?" She asks, and Jade feels like she finally has her feet back on the ground. She's comfortable talking about Perrie, and it's much less stressful than the scene that just occurred.

"Yes, of course! It was incredible," Jade replies, and her eyes are shining with a beautiful, rare sparkle. "She's incredible," Jade continues, almost as a whisper, although loud enough for the girl to hear. It has always been this way; she can talk about Perrie for hours and hours without ever getting bored of it. She likes it the most when someone else is listening, but even on her own, picturing Perrie's charming smile is like magic.

"She really is," the girls agrees. "Thank you so much," she says with a small smile and walks away. As Lily and Jade exchange enchanted looks, reality feels like a dream. In such a short period of time, so much has changed in Jade's life, and it doesn't look like the fast rate of how things are moving is going to slow down anytime soon; she still can't get over the fact that just a few hours ago, she kissed Perrie.

~°~

"I missed you so, so much," Perrie tells Jade as she walks through the door of the studio, escorted by Alex, after being filmed on her way here. She kisses Jade's cheek, and Jade might be imagining it, but she thinks she can smell a faint hint of alcohol in Perrie's breath. Even though Jade should have expected this type of little gestures, like kisses on cheeks, by now, she is still surprised and slightly embarrassed by them.

"I missed you too," she mumbles under her redding cheeks, specially the spot Perrie's lips have just touched. Alex stays in the foyer as they go into the core of the studio, the recording area. Perrie takes her seat on the couch, and Jade takes hers at the producer's chair. As she begins playing the track they have started working on the last time, Perrie calls her name, and Jade comes to sit next to her. She doesn't know what feels weirder, being physically close to Perrie, or being far from her. Perrie pulls out her phone and begins giggling before Jade can figure out what's going on.