3 - Thank You Gestures

"It started off really organically. I could not have been more grateful to have that relationship at the time… It was this massive phenomenon and [all] eyes were on me. And it's just a really weird, foreign thing to go through, and by being in a relationship, it kind of kept me stabilized and grounded, and I had someone to lean on who was going through it as well." - Vanessa Hudgens about her relationship with Zac Efron.

-

For Jade, the studio feels like home. In fact, she spends so much time in here that it might actually be her second home. She is familiar with every corner, and loves the unique smell of wood mixed with scented candles she brought here a while ago. Jade is so comfortable here, that she usually makes no effort to dress up when coming in. She sticks to sweatpants and a loose top, because she mostly works with the same small artists that she considers as friends, but today is different.

The Grammys were the most unexpected experience. Jade still has a lot to learn about award shows and the industry in general, she knows that now. She had always assumed that even though she knows every bit of information there is about Perrie Edwards online by heart, there are some things Perrie keeps to herself. However, helping Perrie through a panic attack isn't something Jade ever thought she would do. This whole night made Jade see Perrie as less of an untouchable goddess, and more of a person. It affected her view of her in the best way possible. She wishes she would have stayed a little longer, just to make sure Perrie's alright, but she can't change the past now.

As soon as Jade had seen Sam, she told her that she ran into Perrie backstage and presented herself, and that Perrie knew who she was and told her to contact her team for a possible collab. She had kept her promise not to say anything about the scene in Perrie's dressing room. Sam was just as excited as Jade, and before Jade knew it, she was already on the phone with one of Perrie's assistants, scheduling a studio session. Jade didn't know what to expect, so she did what she always does when she is nervous; she overprepared. She recorded about five demos of songs she had started working on in the past, just so that she can play these for Perrie and avoid a bad start.

There is noise coming from outside, and Jade stops the track she is playing and walks towards the window, which overlooks the street. The studio is located in Los Angeles, but it was chosen to be in an area that's rather quiet on purpose. Jade sees about five photographers outside, trying to get a shot of a blonde woman who is almost completely hidden under a wide, black umbrella her security guard is holding. Jade rushes to the door in order to help Perrie get inside instead of continuing to be harassed by the paparazzi. Perrie steps inside, and the bodyguard behind her closes the door after them both. Jade might be imagining it all, but it's like Perrie's presence has transformed the atmosphere. She has the most beautiful smile Jade has ever seen, and she directs it at Jade before embracing her. Jade can barely keep her breathing normally when she gets to feel Perrie's touch. It is more than the fact that she has a crush on her; Perrie means the world to Jade as a human being. Jade has so much respect for her.

"You can stay here, I'll be right there," Perrie tells her security guard as she follows Jade outside of the small foyer and into the studio itself. Jade is close to being excited about Alex being here, too. He escorts Perrie wherever she goes, so all of her fans are familiar with his face. It is even a running joke among them that he is hot. Jade doesn't have too much time to think about that, though, because she soon finds herself alone in the same small room as Perrie. Jade is ready to dive right into work, in an attempt to avoid any awkwardness, but Perrie surprises her by starting the conversation. "Thank you for helping me out at the Grammys, I really needed it. I was stressed out and I usually have someone from my family with me, but it didn't work out that night and I'm glad you were there. I hope I didn't scare you too much, though," she says and laughs lightly. This is exactly the Perrie whom Jade had studied from afar for years. Kind, carefree and caring. Despite the fact that there are parts of her she is choosing to keep away from the public eye, her beaming personality that everyone adores has never been a lie.