16 - Mixing Love And Business

"People wanted me and Rob to be together so badly that our relationship was made into a product. It wasn't real life anymore, and that was gross to me. It's not that I want to hide who I am or hide anything I'm doing in my life. It's that I don't want to become a part of a story for entertainment value." Kristen Stewart about her relationship with Rob Pattinson.

-

One thing that has always been a part of Perrie was her ability to fight for anything she is truly passionate about. One night, about two or three days ago, Jade woke up. Getting a decent amount of sleep hasn't been easy for her lately, although she just can't figure out why. She noticed that Perrie wasn't in bed with her, and about a million scary thoughts immediately clouded her mind. She found Perrie a couple of moments later, in the living room, writing emails. Perrie explained that she woke up and knew, she just knew, that she couldn't hold back her new album while it's finished. She wanted to release it earlier than the original date she agreed on with her label, much earlier than that, and won't settle for anything else. It was far from easy to convince her team to listen to her, and believe she knows what she's doing, but Perrie got what she wanted, and the album is set to drop in a month.

This decision, like every other little thing Perrie suddenly becomes obsessed with, has consequences on her relationship with Jade. Perrie is about to dive into an album cycle, meaning she will be flying all around the world, and working to promote her music, and meeting with important people, and basically, will rarely be home for long periods of time. This is why she trying to make the best out of the time Jade and her have left at home, just the two of them, and spends almost every night with Jade, usually at Perrie's house because it is much easier with security. Today, they are having breakfast together at Perrie's condo, and somehow, even after so much time together, still haven't ran out of things to talk about.

"Are you going home today?" Perrie asks Jade with a slightly disappointed voice. She already has a pretty good idea of what Jade's answer is going to be, but refuses to believe it until she hears it.

"I think so," Jade replies with a sad smile. Perrie don't doesn't blame her for leaving, since they have been inseparable for weeks now, but she still doesn't want her to go. Something has been bothering Jade lately, and even though she is trying to hide it, Perrie can notice it. She is a bit scared to say a casual goodbye to Jade in a fragile moment, in case whatever Jade is struggling with blows up, and since Perrie won't be there, things between them won't be the same after that.

"I know I won't be home a lot and you've got your own apartment, but I'm still a little sad to let you go. I'll be lonely here," Perrie tells Jade with a half sarcastic half serious tone. Jade has no words of comfort to offer, so she simply looks at Perrie with understanding eyes, and whispers that she loves her. Perrie easily reads and accepts Jade's gestures, but can't help but think about how she's going to handle coming home to a empty house again. "Maybe I should get a pet, like you said," she continues with a familiar smile, the one Jade knows that means she had already made up her mind.

"It is a big responsibility, though. What are you going to do when you have a really busy couple of days at work? Or when you're on tour?" Jade challenges Perrie. She doesn't want to make anything any harder for her, since she genuinely supports this idea, but for once, she wants Perrie to consider the consequences of her decisions before she actually makes them. Jade has been brought up to love animals, and she doesn't want Perrie to end up adopting a pet she won't be able to take care of.

"That's easy. Shared custody with you," Perrie casually replies, as if there is nothing significant about what she had just said. "Speaking of tour, I have a meeting about it today, and I know you said you were going to go home, but it would mean the world to me if you came, too."