11 - Highs & Lows

"I've learned a lot of lessons - patience, the art of saying no, that everything doesn't have to end in marriage." Katy Perry about her relationship with Russell Brand.

-

Perrie really did mean it when she promised herself it's going to be different this time. Jade is the kind of person who would choose a private, stable relationship over anything else when it comes to her love life, but Perrie just doesn't see the fun in that. There were rumors about them getting back together after Perrie was seen entering Jade's apartment building with her, and also very obviously moving next to her, but both parties haven't confirmed anything yet. While Jade was most likely overwhelmed by the situation, Perrie found it to be so, so enjoyable. She loves it when all eyes are on her when it comes to harmless drama, because as long as she knows that what she has with Jade is real, she is more than willing to benefit from it. Breakup Song is doing amazing, and Perrie is working hard in order to build up the narrative that is presented in it, and make her fans, and the public, even more invested. She goes out with friends almost every night, and makes sure to always be seen with a wide smile on her face. She is bringing the song to life, although reality is secretly different, and looking at the charts, her strategy is working perfectly. 

Tonight, Perrie will be taking Jade on a date. She figured that although it's been a long time since she has been in a genuine relationship, that's what real couples do, and hopes that this is the way to Jade's heart. She picked out a well-known restaurant, and made a reservation beforehand in order to make sure that they have a completely private table to sit at while they dine. Perrie dressed up nicely, but not too formally, and Alex will be picking them up and driving them soon. As she finishes getting ready, Perrie steps out of the bathroom and walks into the her kitchen, where she had left her phone. These two rooms are only a few steps apart from each other, which feels so odd and so pleasant to Perrie. She texts Alex, letting him know she's ready, grabs her purse and walks out the door. 

During the first week after Perrie had moved here, photographers were impatiently waiting outside. Perrie made sure to keep all the blinds closed, and even though the whole situation did make her a bit anxious, she had such a good time on her own in the small house. She spent plenty of time reading, playing music, writing and thinking about Jade. She can’t help but wonder what would have happened if Jade had never came into her life. If she wouldn’t have gotten backstage at the Grammys somehow, Perrie’s life wouldn’t have changed so drastically. She would never have moved out of that house, she would have never begun to question her values, she would have never been happy in the way she is now. 

There’s not a single photographer outside as one of Perrie’s cars, driven by Alex, comes into sight after exiting the garage. Perrie smiles at Alex and sits in the back, and a few minutes later, they are already waiting in front of Jade’s apartment building. Perrie calls her, and she appears soon afterwards, leaving Perrie breathless. Jade is unarguably stunning, but on top of that, Perrie is feeling the sort of attraction that develops out of a deep emotional connection. Everything she has been through with Jade, no matter how good or bad, only makes Perrie become more fond of her. 

“Hi,” Perrie says in a shy voice as Jade sits down next to her and fastens her seatbelt. Jade doesn’t say anything in return, she simply kisses Perrie’s lips and smiles as she reads Perrie’s emotions in her eyes. “How was your day?” Perrie asks, and Jade is immediately brightened. Asking about Jade’s day is one of the small changes that Perrie had decided to introduce into their relationship following their break. No one, except for her family, had ever told her it was rude to not ask how is their day going when she sees them, so Perrie didn’t think it was. Almost everyone she meets is much more interested to hear about her day, so at some point, she got used to talking about herself.