Two in the morning

There is nothing funnier than a sleeping Fran. I feel sorry for Lillian and Josh who have to put up with her snores for the rest of the night. Sharing the living room with Xavier felt like old times when we lived together in his mansion - minus the intimacy. We did play a few card games before I actually let him get some sleep. However, the anxiety of moving today and saying goodbye to my friends - to him - has kept me awake pretty much all night. Checking the time on my phone, it's two o'clock. Quietly sighing in frustration, I sit up on the settee. I look over at Xavier, his eyes slowly opening one by one. His gaze meets mine, a smirk appearing on his face. I will miss that stupid smirk.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders, bringing my knees up, wrapping my arms around my legs.

"I can't seem to fall asleep." I respond back. He gets up from off the floor, walking over to the settee, sitting on the opposite side, the two of us face each other. I throw him some of the blanket.

"Why can't you seem to fall asleep?" He takes my words to form another question, stealing my words to form it.

"Nervous about today. I'm leaving the apartment, my friends, you - I'm leaving it all behind." I tell him.

"It's okay to feel nervous about leaving Avebury Zi. This is where you grew up, where you raised Daphne, Joan was here. It's not easy saying goodbye to your home, even if some of the experiences weren't great." Xavier comforts me, and I agree with him. This little village and all the people in it have had some part in my upbringing and have impacted my life, either positively or negatively. There is a brief silence before inhaling a deep breath. I'm going to tell him. Tell him how I truly feel before I leave him.

"Xavier I love you." The words spill out my lips, and Xavier's face is speechless.

"I know I said for us to be friends, but I can't help but fall in love with you. Even when I shouldn't I do, and even when I hate you, I still love you. I just need you to know that before I go." I manage to get my words out. I feel the anxiety spread across my body. I wish I never said a word.

"It's a relief to know it's not just me who has these feelings too." A smile appears on his face, and a smile on mine too. I move in closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He secures his arms around my waist, and a part of me feels complete. Xavier Bright is my soulmate.

"I love you so much Ziayn it hurts," He says before crashing his lips into mine. It is as if we never broke up; the spark and passion hasn't gone between us. I pull away needing to catching my breath. "I really wish you had told me this sooner Miss Xu."

"I wanted to be sure I had completely forgiven you for past events. Fresh start for this relationship," I truthfully tell him. "Well that's if you'll have me back."

"I never let you go." He smiles, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I can feel my cheeks heating up, my heart beating and pumping like crazy. I kiss him one last time, resting my head on his chest.

"How are you getting to Manchester?" Xavier questions me.

"You?" I look up at him, giving him my best smile to manipulate him into taking me. I have packed everything up, ready to move and I didn't even arrange transport to get to my new home - typical Ziayn.

"And what if at the time you're wanting to leave for Manchester, I'm extremely busy and unavailable?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Urmm, you'd drop everything and take me anyway?" I give a good guess, batting my eyelashes a little. He chuckles quietly, shaking his head. He didn't correct me so I think my answer is actually right.

"You are very lucky I love you Ziayn Xu, very lucky." He replies, kissing my forehead gently, before pulling the thick velvety blanket over the two of us.

"I love you too." I say sleepily, my eyes slowly closing.