Izuku Aizawa

This chapter is going to be a bit happier than most! But don't expect the rest of the chapters to follow suit... It's also going to be a bit shorter. I'M SORRY IT'S LATE AND I NEED SLEEP PLEASE FORGIVE MEEE T^T

Katsuki pov

I wake up to Deku squirming in his sleep. I furrow my eyebrows in concern as I watch him start mumbling something. He whimpers and flinches, his arms slightly moving in the direction of his face. Was he trying to defend himself? I can't figure it out...

He breaks out in a cold sweat and his jaw clenches slightly. He flinches again, his legs drawing near his chest. He groans, his head moving to the side so I can see it clearly. My breath hitches. 

His face is pale and his forehead is covered in sweat. His chest is rising and falling slowly, almost as if he's trying to restrict himself from breathing. 

I run my hand across his forehead to try and help calm him down. "Mmm...", he whimpers. I furrow my eyebrows in concern. I hold his hand and squeeze it a little bit, trying to wake him up. He lets out a small squeak, and begins to shake. Tears form in the corners of his eyes as I begin to feel a bit panicked. 

I run my thumb across the top of his hand. All of a sudden he gasps awake. I give him a smile as tears start pouring down his pale face. He leans up and wraps his arms around me. He lets out choked sobs and squeezes me tighter. 

"It's okay. I'm here.", I say soothingly. "Shhhh, it's alright. I've got you. You're safe."

Tears drip down my back, some falling on the floor behind me. 

He begins to calm down and his grip loosens. "T-thank you...", he sniffs. I grab his face a plant a kiss on his soft lips. I feel him smile into the kiss, making me smile back. He begins to giggle and pulls away, my thumb running over his freckled cheek. 

He grabs my hand and nuzzles into it. "Kacchan is so warm.", he mumbles. 

Time Skip a Few Hours

Deku pov

"Izuku! Can you come down here?", I hear Hizashi yell. "I'll be there in a second!", I yell back. 

By now, Kacchan has already left to get Denki something from his cousin. 

Flashback to their conversation

"I need to get Kaminari something. I'll be back, okay?", Kacchan smiles. I nod and get out of bed to get dressed. "Is there anything I can do?", I ask. "Well, he'll tell you when he's ready.", Kacchan says warmly. 

With that, Kacchan left the room for me to change.

Flashback over

I walk down the stairs, oblivious to the guests that were over. "Is there something you-", I stop in my tracks. I raise an eyebrow at the few people sitting at our table. "Come sit.", Aizawa smiles. 

I blink a few times to check if I'm seeing this correctly. Aizawa...is smiling? I shrug and make my way over to the table. I sit down next to Shinso and some sort of business man. 

"You're probably wondering why we are here.", one of the guests starts. "As you know, Hisashi and Inko Midoriya have been apprehended. As of yesterday, they lost full legal custody of you."

My eyes widen as I look from Hizashi to Aizawa.

"Unlike physical custody, where a child actually lives in the home of their physical custodian, legal custodians may not have the right to allow their children to reside with them. If a parent loses legal custody of their child, they lose the right to have their voice heard on these and other important matters. In your case, you parents lost full custody of you, leaving you in their hands.", the business man states while pointing at Aizawa and Hizashi. 

I start tearing up, and try to wipe them away before anyone could notice. But thanks to me being me, I begin to sniffle. "Hey, hey. You okay?", Aizawa asks while putting a hand on my back. 

Before he can realize what was going on, I turned and hugged him, Hizashi joining in a few seconds later. I cry into Aizawa's arms, smiling and laughing in relief and happiness. 

Once the business men leave, I'm a smiling mess in between Shinso, Aizawa, Hizashi and Eri's arms.

"Thank you, Dad. Thank you, Papa.", I giggle.

ASJKFSFSJD WHAT AM I DOING UP AT THIS UNGODLY HOUR. Well, I'm going to make this short and sweet! I hope you are all doing well! Make sure to take care of yourselves, mentally and physically. Remember, I'm always here to talk if you need it. Love y'all sm!