Broken

Deku pov

I wake up with a searing pain in my chest. What happened?

Suddenly, the memories of last night came flooding back into my head. I remember screaming until my throat burned, struggling out of my fathers grip as two men beat me up until I was bloody and barely conscious. 

I step out of bed, my legs barely responding. I wobble around my room, trying not to fall and make my headache worse than it already was. I make my way over to the dresser and take out my uniform. I slip it on and tip toe quietly downstairs. Surprisingly, no one was up yet so I walked out of the door without my morning beating. 

I look at my phone and check the time. 6am?! I guess I'll have to find something to do, huh? 

I decide to walk in the park for a bit until my bus arrived. It's starting to get lighter outside and the breeze is picking up. The clouds are fading from the sky, making it an even more beautiful day than it was. The cherry blossom petals blow softly in the wind, making the morning seem almost majestic. The sun shines off of the droplets of dew. 

I sigh contently and take out my phone. I put my ear buds in and pick a song to sing since there is no one around. 

I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreamsOh
Oh and they come unstuckLady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrongIs this movie that I think you'll like
This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City
This cowboy's running from himself
And she's been living on the highest shelfOh
Oh and they come unstuckLady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrongI just wanna, I just wanna know
If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay
I just gotta, I just gotta know
I can't have it, I can't have it any other way
I swear she's destined for the screen
Closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen, ohLady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrongOh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrongOh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong
I got a lump in my throat because you're gonna sing the words wrong

By the end of the song, I'm crying again. Except this time, I'm smiling. I'm hurting. I don't really know why though. 

I basically yelled the entire song. I feel like I'm venting, but I do it with singing. Kinda weird, right? I feel stupid.

I finally get to U.A. after the walk and see Kacchan staring at me again. I raise an eyebrow as he motions for me to come over to his desk. 

"Um...did you need something?", I ask. Without a word, he takes out his phone and shows me the texts that he received last night. I internally start to panic, but I hide it with a tilt of my head. "I didn't send those. I was on a walk at that hour, I'm pretty sure.", I say with fake confusion. He sighs and says, "You're not lying to me, right?"

At this moment, my arms start to become very itchy and my anxiety spikes. "Stupid Deku, I can sense your nerves from here. What's going on?" He says seriously. "It's nothing, Kacchan. I'll be right back.", I say while setting my bag down. I feel my chest get tighter and my breathing becomes more unsteady with each step I take. 

I walk into the bathroom and close the stall door. I fumble around with the blade in my phone case and hold it up to my wrist. I stare at my scarred arms, my vision becoming hazy. I slide the blade across my arm and feel blood run down my arms. My cuts become deeper and deeper until my arm is covered in blood. 

I stop spacing out for a second to see my good work. I've begun to cut even more and farther up my arm. Cutting over scars makes me feel like throwing up. I don't know why, it just does. I clean up my cuts and put the razor back into my phone case. I wrap my arms in new bandages that I apparently had in my pocket. How convenient...

I walk back into the classroom, only seconds before Aizawa does. I take my seat and my attention turns to him. He gives me a glance and I just give him a small smile. He nods slightly and begins talking. In no time, I'm already staring out the window and spacing out. 

"-riya? Midoriya! Hello?". I whip my head up from it's comfortable position in my arms. "Are you okay?", Mr. Aizawa asks. "Y-yeah.", I say timidly. A few students snicker at me, only making me feel worse.

Honestly, you're such a disgrace. What is wrong with you? Why can't you be better? You're a mistake. No one likes you. You don't have anyone. You're alone. Just die. No one would care anyways. 

Would you just shut up?

Be reasonable, kid. I'm only here to help you. If you push me away, it will only get worse. Besides, the only way to get rid of me is to die. No one loves you. Just take Kacchan's advice and take a swandive off the roof of the building. They all hate you. They pity you. You're stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Stop it! 

You're disgusting. You fat, disgraceful little whore. What kind of person gets raped by their dad? You're terrible. You're worthless. You're useless. Just give up already. You can't do anything.

"Shut up!", I mumble under my breath. My hands grip my hair and I begin to bounce my knee. "What?", Kacchan says. "S'nothing.", I say while clenching my jaw. "If it's nothing, then why are you crying?", he says while staring at me. I feel my face. "Heh. I didn't even realize. Sorry.", I say with a small smile. 

I try to avoid eye contact, but Kacchan takes my face in his hands and looks at me with a concerned expression. I feel my face heat up and look away. 

"Izuku Midoriya, please report to the front office.", the intercom blares. I get up from my desk and Kacchan keeps his eyes on me. 

I walk down the hall and open the door to the front office. My blood runs cold.

"Hello, Izuku. Are you ready to go home?"

Hey guys! So on my groupchat that I have on instagram, I was like, "I'm not even halfway done with this chapter.". Yeah, I got tired so now I'm just here with this cause I'm dumb and I need sleep. Anyways, the next chapter will be kinda dramatic... Love y'all sm!