✈ |Tribute

Vande Matram!

Shauryam Daksham Yuddhe
Balidaan Param Dharma!

Happy Birthday ankita2004
It really made me happy that you mentioned this story in your interview!  Thank you so much! Here is a part dedicated to you ❤

----------------------X----------------------

Silent.

Silent their souls were. The cries, shrills, shouts, wails and buzz from the media seemed so still and hushed. Vihaan had his eyes only on the bodies of martyrs. This was not new for him. He had attended the tribute ceremonies many times but this time, it was different.

He knew what it felt standing and seeing someone of own there. It was heartbreaking. And then he saw a mother with her children coming forward to pay the last tribute to the only man of their family, their father and her husband.

The tears didn't leave her face while the children weeped. For a time, the flashes from the past when Neha walked through the way with Raavi ran in his mind. The helplessness which was on his face that day was somewhere today too.

He immediately closed his eyes and followed the war cry.

On the other hand,
This was the second time when Jai witnessed the cremation. His life's first tribute to the martyrs ceremony was for his father. That day he became orphan once again.

Life gives limited happiness but pain is limitless. He saw children crying terribly on the bed of their fathers holding it tight to not let it go.

They were lucky, atleast they could cry their heart out. But what about a child who stood still without any emmotion on his face and the next day joined back his duty? He had still not cried. He didn't show the amount of pain and voidness his heart carried since then. It were four years, but he couldn't move on.

And yet again as the past touched his soul, he found himself vulnerable and helpless.

The PM stood in front of then and took rounds around (parikrama) the soldiers to pay them the due respect while his hands were joined as he prayed the Almighty for the families and asked for strength.

While this was being live telecasted on the television, Ragini, Pallavi and Neha watched everything.

And at the same time, Ragini's phone twinted for a notification. She picked it up to find a message from RAW.

"PM conference, 9pm sharp at RAW headquarters. "

And that was it. She was part of the mission. She looked towards Pallavi to show her the message and frowned as she didn't receive one.

"Why not you? " Ragini asked feeling bad.

"I received it last night only. I am your senior and so have some privilidges." Pallavi said with an uncanny mocking smile which was totally different.

Ragini sighed out breathe of relief as Pallavi wrapped her hand around her.

The scene was different at Air Force Base.

It started as a normal day but it wasn't normal for the soldiers.

Laksh had been thinking about revenge since night. He was so triggered by this attack and so wanted to be a part of this mission. He wanted to slaughter a handful of pests (terrorists).

But somewhere, he knew it wasn't possible. Because these missions were usually given to the confidential forces.

Ragini, Pallavi and Vihaan were going to be a part of this very important plan but not him. And being the only person in service to nation of the family who wasn't able to give justice to the country was quite terrible.