Chapter 97: This is War.

Comenzar desde el principio

She knew just how to torment someone.

I couldn’t help the grin that crept onto my face as I moved to my parents room and opened the door.

My eyes locked on her form immediately as a hurricane of desperate emotions plagued me. I latched onto anything I could find.

She was still as beautiful as always.

She faced away from me. Her golden blonde hair fell down her back in perfectly curled waves and framed her heart shaped face. Her figure was slender and graceful and the confident stance she always had never wavered.

“I hope you know you are more of annoyance than anything, Alice,” Alison said, her silky voice drawled. She twirled a blade skilfully in her hands and I spotted several others in her back pocket.

She turned around.

Her eyes.

Her eyes had the ability to be cold and calculating and beautiful and vibrant at the same time and I just couldn’t stop looking.

Her eyes were the sea.

The type of sea that drowns people and holds magnificent beings and consumes ships and is everything that I love.

My eyes flew wildly over her. I couldn’t get enough of her. I absorbed every freckle and twitch desperately and I didn’t realise that my heart was galloping inside my chest until my eyes casually flew beside her to the boy who was tied to a wooden beam beside her.

Gabriel Holbrook.

My heart stopped.

Holbrook was staring at me wildly like he was frightened for my life. His mouth was taped down and his hands tied behind him and around the wooden beam that jutted out from the ceiling.

I stared at him.

Alison must’ve captured him from the school.

His eyes catch my bruises and the blood crusted in my hair and his eyes turn into a raging storm.

“I hope you understand,” Alison said, watching the interaction between Holbrook and I. “I didn’t think this encounter would be as interesting without everyone’s favourite hero. Gabriel Holbrook.”

My eyes left Holbrook and began to automatically and involuntarily be consumed by Alison’s. I watched the way she moved and breathed and the whole notion of Holbrook being present left my consciousness.

Her expression was a relaxed sort of rigid. She looked at me like getting rid of people was a day-to-day activity. Like she honestly had better things to do. Like I was a nuisance.

Alison spots the gun in my pockets but ignores it. She knows that I won’t use it. I won’t kill her.