Part 2: Chapter 100: The End

***

The car ride out of Ravenswood is silent.

Like a lot of things.

My tears are silent as I stare out the front passenger window. Ever so often I can feel Holbrook and Annie’s concerning eyes on the back of my head.

But I keep to myself.

Holbrook had managed to rent a house with two rooms. It was the best we could get with such late notice and it is great distance away from both Rosewood and Ravenswood.

That was our goal.

The tears are still going.

I guess that is why I don’t notice when the car stops and Holbrook’s pulls me out slowly and we head into our new home.

And I am a mess.

Because Holbrook guides me into a bedroom with a king sized bed and sits me down at the edge of the bed. He drags a chair to sit on in front of me. At least that is what I think it is because I can barely sea with the tears swarming my eyes.

Holbrook is whispering something over and over and I am weeping over and over. He rests his palms against my cheeks and leans in to rest his forehead against mine.

His lips are moving, saying comfy words that make my mind flick off. But I am so incredibly done with my mind right now.

So done.

And so I cry into him as Holbrook wipes away my tears with his fingers and looks at me with those broken and agony filled eyes.

I am dying and it seems like he is dying with me.

I know it hurts him a lot to see me like this.

Because he keeps telling me. He keeps telling me that it hurts and that he is here for me and that he will do anything…

Anything

Anything to make me happy.

And I tell him, “I’m not happy Holbrook. But I can be. One day. You make me happy.”

Grief is an odd thing.

It pins you to a wall, pivots around, abandons you and strips you of everything while you’re at it.

And I wonder about how many people have felt like this due to what I’ve done to their loved ones and it doesn’t hurt me.

But Wesley does.

Wesley hurts me so much.