Chapter 47: The Blackness

Ice was climbing through my veins, attacking the walls and into the cavity of my heart. Flooding and Flooding and Flooding.

“What?” I said, but it came out as a protective hiss.

Gabriel was glaring down Annie and then he growled towards her, a hard edge forming that I had never really seen before. “I thought I told you not to interfere.”

His voice was laced with venom.

Annie smirked and rolled her eyes, “Your slow in your methods Brother. She’s either an enemy or an ally and we need to determine before the day is out. So we can either take her out or keep her.”

His eyes flicked cautiously towards me, foreign and hard. A brief check up to see that I was still breathing even if I felt like I wasn’t.

“That was not your decision to make, sister. I am your predecessor. I control you,” Holbrook threatened.

The cold realisation was flooding me.

Annie’s face turned hard, “Brother please, you barely have any say in your position.” Her eyes flicked towards me but she kept on speaking, “You, brother, are part of the A team, not your own team.”

There.

There it was.

The chain of words that were burning in my blood.

I gasped. I shouldn’t have. Holbrook’s head that was facing Annie snapped towards me.

Holbrook. Gabriel Holbrook. Lover to Leaver, was part of the very thing that burned my blood cold. The very thing I had devoted my current life to totally destroying and overcoming. Everything in my lungs breathed the truth that I had been deceived.

Then there was this low hysteria building up in me. Climbing mountains and falling down wells and I guess that is when I realised that I was drowning. Just drowning under the weight that everything I thought I knew, I didn’t.

I guess that’s why I blacked out.

 _________

Wooo! A lot of you guessed what happened next but that wasn't the big reveal! Thank you everyone so much for reading and Season 5 of PLL is back and I am screaming.

LOTS OF LOVE

EVILYNICE