Chapter 57: There Is Alice In Destruction

And I don’t think I will understand someone who just accepted influence and destruction so easily. I guess that’s what makes me feel guilty. That the prison was safer for Wesley than ever being with me.

Cece, Holdon and Mona were trailing us, in the black prado, in Holdon’s van. Everything was packed into both the cars and Mona was the one to light the match on the resort.

I bet she enjoyed it.

I picked up the walkie talkie thats partner was in Holdon’s van.

“So, any Ideas? ” I spoke.

Mona was the one to speak from the other end. “ How bout Lucky Leon’s cupcakes. I bet Hanna would love that.”

I rolled my eyes, “Cece. What’s the address to your apartment?”

There was a scuffle and Cece’s voice came through the walkie talkie, “My apartment? So, what, you can burn it down like your apartment as well as the Lost Wood Resort? If you keep burning down things then it’s going to lead back to you.”

“Did I ask for advice?” I retorted. “If you have any better ideas feel free to speak up. Preferably in the Rosewood district.”

“How bout the Star Motel?” It was Holdon that spoke this time.

I looked towards Wesley and he gave me a slight approving nod.

“Well done Holdon. For someone who could die any minute you sure do come in handy,” I said.

There was an awkward pause on the other side of the line. The atmosphere was eerily chilled. You’d think we’d be panicking but we had past that. Panicking would only alert.

Mona beeped in, “I’ll call upfront and make arrangements.”

“Finally,” I said.

And then we were off saving the world from each and every one of us.

We got there by nightfall.

The Star motel was preferably the best place for hiding out. But I had refused it first since some of Rosewood’s best men go there. Aka: Toby Cavanaugh. We couldn’t risk running into him even if he didn’t know who Wesley and I were.

But Spencer and Toby were back in their good graces and we needed a home.

Something that I wouldn’t burn down this time.

It took about an hour to unload our stuff a check in to our rooms. Like in the Lost wood resort, Mona, Cece and Holdon and Wesley and I got all consecutive rooms so we were all easy to communicate with.

So when the FBI came, hopefully they would go to their rooms first and leave Wesley and I alone. All for the better, right?