Chapter 55: FBI Profile

Wes moved towards immediately after Holbrook left. I remained in the seat and stared outside the window, watching as he hopped on to his motorbike and drove himself away.

“He’s hiding something,” I said quietly towards myself.

Wesley slipped into the place where Holbrook was. “You’re worried about him.”

I looked towards Wesley slowly, “When are you going to kill him?”

Wesley stared at me for a couple of seconds.  Then he said slowly, “If I tell you, you will stop me.”

“I promised you that I wouldn’t, didn’t i?” I replied back. But it was weak and fragile.

He was still staring at me. “I can see it in your face. You regret it.”

“I don’t have time to regret,” I said abruptly and stood up. “Are you still hungry?”

“No,” he silently, “I’ve lost my appetite.”

I nodded and moved out of the booth.

“Aren’t you forgetting this?” Wesley said, picking up the folder.

“No,” I mumbled, moving towards the door. Only Wesley shoved it in his bag and moved towards the door.

I paused, “What are you doing?”

“I would like for you to have a back up plan if anything happens, Alice. Yes, I would like that,” he said quietly, and then proceeded to exit the shop.

No. I would have to destroy it when he’s sleeping.

We moved towards the car after picking up our breakfast order at the counter and drove a quiet trip home.

Everything was just silent.

When we walked back into the Motel, Mona was fiddling with the computer system and Holdon was in the kitchen making a meal for Cece who stood behind Mona, watching her.

There was a odd bond between Cece and I. We both didn’t trust Mona enough to leave her alone. However, Cece trusted her more. Cece also wanted Alison dead.

No. Shake that out of your head, Alice. Don’t look at the complications. You have something else to do.

“Mona,” I said, both Cece and Mona’s heads turned towards me at the door. “I’m going to go into the FBI system. Can you be my firewall?”

They just stared at me. I wanted to tell them that I’ve done it before but then I would have to explain myself and I didn’t want to do that.

Mona winced, “I can try. That’s a real risk Ali-“