Chapter Thirty-Eight

On Funimation, Justin Briner was asked during an interview who he thought would win between Deku and Luck...

He chose Luck.

HERO GROUP 2: Midoriya, Asui, Ashido, Kaminari, Kirishima, Koda, Mineta, Shiozaki, Tetsutetsu, Honenuki, Bondo, Fukidashi, Tokage, and Komori

VILLAIN GROUP 2: Magna, Luck, and Mimosa

HERO GROUP 3: Todoroki, Uraraka, Hagakure, Tokoyami, Ojiro, Aoyama, Sato, Kuroiro, Kodai, Tsuburaba, Kaibara, Awase, Tsunotori, and Nejire

VILLAIN GROUP 3: Yami, Noelle, and Yuno

"That was a pretty impressive performance down there!" Mirio cheerily said, smiling at the mages. Eri watched wide-eyed at the newcomers, curious as to who they were after seeing them battle.

"Thanks!" Asta chimed back, swinging his legs in his seat as he talked with the 3-A student.

As the two talked about his moves and then onto their future goals and aspirations, getting along rather well as they had met before, Vanessa secretly glanced at the white-haired child. The witch could tell that this was a victim of imprisoning like she herself had been, experiencing the world now for the first time. With an intake of breath, she crouched down onto the floor before Eri, gaining her attention. Asta and Mirio continued to talk, but their eyes watched what was happening. Finral smiled lightly.

"Hi." The witch began, making sure her voice was soft. "My name's Vanessa. What's yours?"

"...Eri..." The girl quietly replied, hands clutching onto her dress tightly.

Vanessa offered her a kind smile. "That's a pretty name you have there. I was wondering if you'd like to meet some friends of mine." When the girl didn't reply, the witch held out her wand, creating three thread dolls.

Eri's red eyes grew large, a little gasp escaping as they began to dance around her. Vanessa made them play with the girl's hair, twirling it around and then sit gently onto the child's lap. Rouge also appeared on her shoulder, meowing at Eri.

"Can I hold your cat?" The girl asked, her nerves no longer bothering her.

Rouge jumped down lightly onto her lap, purring quietly as Eri began to pet it's fur. The dolls continued to dance for Eri, the child completely enamored. When a few giggles came out, Vanessa's own beautiful laughter joined in, thoroughly enjoying the child's company.

From the hallway Aizawa watched his ward, making sure to keep out of sight of the stands as his foster daughter opened up to someone new for the first time. He'd make sure to have Vanessa watch her while she continued her stay here as it seemed they both had a connection on a deeper level.

The rest of the students in the first hero group finally arrived minutes later, right as the next match was about to begin. They too softened at Eri and Vanessa playing together, who had now been joined by Finral who was pulling flowers out of portals to make a crown for the girl. Instead of talking like they planned too, they sat quietly with eager eyes, wondering how quickly the next group of their classmates would be taken down.

If it was anything like their match, the villains would obliterate them for an easy win.

~*~*~*~*~