First Intermission

"No one has seen them anywhere? How the hell is that possible?"

"We asked around the village and all they said was that they passed through. Apparently they didn't stop at all."

"And then they vanished without any trace? Bullshit."

"Again, some of the knights scoured the area and there was an abandoned campsite. There were no signs of struggle."

"So what? You think they willingly went with whoever kidnapped them? Let me tell you what I-"

"That's not what I'm saying! If you'd just listen to me-"

"Please, will both of you stop for a moment." Yami and Marx ceased their bickering, facing Julius who sat at his desk with his hands folded on the table. "I'm not happy about this either. If William wasn't on a mission and here with us, I know he would be upset as well. However, this doesn't change the fact that four of our young knights have gone missing, in what I can only assume to be abduction. Who took them and how, I don't know."

"Why can't you just let me go out there and search for myself? My team will do a better job than whatever knights Mushroom Head sent out-"

"I had highly ranked knights go out there, I'll have you know-"

"And they came back empty-handed-"

"Not for lack of trying-"

"Please stop." Both fell into silence once more, occasionally sending glares at one another. Julius sighed, shaking his head at the two of them. Yami broke the quiet, unable to wait around any longer.

"What's your plan then, Julius? I know you've got something cooking up in that brain of yours." His hand itched at his side, wanting to pull out a cigarette but figuring his missing delinquents were more important than his need to smoke.

Julius stood up, walking over to the window. Yami and Marx moved closer, gazing out it as well and waiting for the Wizard King to speak his mind. They knew he wouldn't let this be. He'd find a way for them to get their missing knights back. It was just a matter of where to start. And to whoever stole their kids, well...

Hell has no fury like that of Julius and Yami.

So 'Intermissions' signal a switch to the world that isn't being invaded lol. It'll give us an insight into how everyone is doing at the moment. Also, thank you for reading this!!! :)

~Zelinith