Chapter Fifty-Seven

Watching as the battle commenced, the U.A. students loudly began to cheer Yuno and Noelle on. Alecdora seemed to be hell bent on destroying Yuno himself while Solid was egging on his sister, calling her names and throwing insults around. En, bless his soul, was encouraging both teens to pummel the opposing team into the ground, taking care of the crystal so they could focus on their own personal battles.

As Solid's insults continued, the students broke, deciding to throw their own insults around. And if Nemuri overheard them, she just turned away, letting her heroes do as they please.

"Who names their kid after the opposite of their magic?!" Kaminari cried, Ashido snickering besides him. "Like, come on man! Your magic is liquid and yet you're named Solid?!"

Midoriya tried his hardest not to laugh while Uraraka just jeered on with the electric teen. The others outright cackled.

"Did you see his serpent?! That's nothing compared to Noelle's dragon!" The gravity girl called out, becoming fired up.

"Hah!" Bakugou crossed his arms, eyes gleaming as he watched the battle below. "Solid's just a pathetic magikarp! You'd never evolve! And if Shitty Hair was here, he'd say you're the least manly of the bunch!"

"Did you just call him a magikarp? And that he'd never evolve?" Jirou raised a brow at the explosive teen, a grin stretching across her face.

Bakugou just grunted, looking away. "He is one though. Just always flopping around and never doing anything worthwhile. He's the useless kind of magikarp."

"You're not wrong."

"What is a magikarp?"

"Todoroki, you never played pokémon?!"

"No?..."

"We'll be remedying that when we go home." Jirou muttered, still internally reeling that Bakugou called Solid a magikarp.

"What is pokémon?" Asta asked, eyes shining with innocence.

"Dear All Might, I'm going to have to teach you all." Jirou put a hand on her heart, fanning herself with the other. Bakugou and Midoriya started arguing over which was the best game to start them on, while in the background Yuno utterly destroyed Alecdora.

"YES! DESTROY HIM!" Uraraka jumped up and down, ignoring the looks that she was drawing from the other mages. The Black Bulls just chuckled from where they stood, cheering on Noelle in their own ways.

In Finral's arms, Eri cheered as well, although whenever she did she always glanced at the portal mage to make sure she was doing it correctly. He always nodded, and so the little girl cheered on the pretty princess and prince (for he seemed like one from the fairytales Aizawa told her at night).

"Guys shut up, Noelle's about to do something big!" Jirou shushed all of her friends, everyone growing silent as they leaned closer to the edge to catch whatever was to be said. Even Julius was grinning excitedly, practically vibrating in his seat with anticipation.

"She's gonna do her final move!" Ashido squealed, grabbing onto Todoroki as she bounced up and down.

On the battlefield, Noelle stood strong, hair whipping around her as her spell stood protectively behind, water flying through the air. With a small cut trickling blood down her cheek, Solid slowly backed away, terrified of his little sister for the first time. Eyes holding steady, she pointed her wand directly at her sibling, voice deadly serious.

"Solid..." Noelle didn't flinch when her dragon roared loudly, "It's alright... if I hit you right?"

And with a cry of her spell, the water dragon surged forwards, plowing through Solid and throwing the mage far off into the distance, effectively knocking him out, and Julius called the match as the crystal was destroyed

In the distance Noelle could hear her friends, both from this world and another, screaming her name as they cheered for her. Confidence flowed through her veins as she stood above her fallen brother, brushing stray hair from her face. As Yuno approached to give her a lift to where the gates would be made, she spoke out loud, although it was mostly for herself.

"I am not weak anymore."

And although Yuno seemed apathetic to her words, she still caught the smirk in his eyes.

The Black Bulls were losing it as they celebrated their royal's win, never having doubted her for a second. The U.A. students were in a similar situation, making fun of the unconscious Silva. It may have been a bit much, but nobody stepped in to stop it. They'd all witnessed his words after all.

When Yuno and Noelle stepped foot onto the platform they were immediately swarmed by their friends. Through it all the two most tsundere mages in the rag-tag group we know acted as if it was nothing, but their heart's swelled with joy at the affirmations.

This had concluded the preliminary round of battles, and the next ones were to begin shortly. Asta was pumping himself up next to Mimosa, Magna smack-talking him the whole time. Kirsch was being his normal self, and for a moment Midoriya feared he'd have to hold back the younger Vermillion if her face was anything to go by. The hero-in-training wasn't sure the Wizard King (and he supposed the actual King) would appreciate a murder taking place during their exam.

Off to the side, Finral created a small portal, watching as Gordon stepped through it. The two spoke quietly, Eri simply playing with the spatial mage's green hair, and then Grey was called over to join them. Nodding, the shy woman joined Gordon in going back through the portal, the transaction complete.

Todoroki just gave Finral a look, having witnessed the whole thing, and the mage sighed before telling the student quietly with a promise not to say anything yet.

"Gordon was on watch duty alone, but it seems as though Asui, Iida, and Kirishima have finally awoken. Originally, this was the point that Grey was supposed to switch with Gordon to stand watch, as they aren't competing, but it's best if they stick together to keep them company. It's best not to mention anything yet due to everything happening. But afterwards you'll all be able to visit them."

"That sounds good." Todoroki responded.

Asta then bounded over to them, unaware of the things that had just transpired, smiling brightly. "I'm leaving now for my fight! But don't worry, I'll win it and then maybe I'll even fight you in the next round, Finral!"

"Heh, yeah wouldn't that be something..." Finral smiled, although it was strained.

Todoroki nodded his head. "You'll defeat them easily."

"See you after the battle!" And then Asta was off again, running over to Cob's doors.

The students and Bulls cheered once more, although it was mixed as they had two of their own fighting down on the field. Ultimately, Asta and his team defeated Magna, taking down some of Kirsch's ego as well. And as the two teams regrouped to come back onto the platform, Finral couldn't quell the unease that was pooling inside of him.

He knew, deep in his heart, that he would not be the victor of this battle.

Jirou is #1 Pokémon fan and I dare you to change my mind. And even when Bakugou and Midoriya had the... uhh... ~problems~ in their relationship they totally still would have gotten the games (making sure they were opposites) and battled online with one another as no one would ever know. Also Uraraka is in love with MMA and would easily be the first to throw down (Dekusquad the real murdersquad here).

BUT, besides that, I did enjoy writing the students shitting on Solid (thank you to all my lovely commenters and friends on my Discord for giving these ideas). Hopefully it's alright I skipped Asta's battle because the next chapter is going to be the DRAMA!!!

If you have any ideas or thoughts about what should happen in reaction to... ya know... let me know! It's going to be a long chapter because we all know the U.A. kids aren't going to just sit around. And hey, maybe they'll be able to fight in the future...

Let me know your ideas!!!

And as always, thank you for your support! I cannot believe how many reads and how much love this has gotten. You're all the best!

~Zelinith