4

"Who the fuck are you?!" Harry shouted, catching the attention of the alpha holding the small boy hostage.

The man didn't answer, just clutched the blond child tighter in his arms, squaring up like he was about to run.

"Don't. Move." Harry growled, trying to keep the man in his spot before he could kidnap the small boy.

Obviously alpha command doesn't work on other alphas but Harry had a strong voice, strong enough to make the other man flinch.

Just as he was about to take off, a male nurse came up behind the man, clearly confused at what was happening, effectively making the alpha run right into him, knocking them both on their arses, giving Harry enough time to grab the toddler out of his grasp and into safety.

Now Harry wasn't dumb, he knew the man was going to try and take off now that he'd been stopped, so he quickly set the now crying child down, gripping the unknown alpha by the back of his neck just in the knick of time.

"Who are you and what are you doing with children that are not yours?" Harry asked, the other alphas mouth gaping open and closed in shock.

When the man didn't actually say anything, just looking back and forth from Oliver to Harry, the youngest triplet connected the dots easily.

"Ew! That's- that is so disgusting!" Harry screeched.

When the man went to glance back at Oliver, Harry stepped into his line of sight, punching him hard in the face. "You pedophile! Do not look at him! The police are on their way to get you" Harry growled in his face.

A set of groans behind Harry had him turning around, alert and ready in case anything else happens.

Marcel stood up shakily, his legs wobbly and his head pounding.

The last thing he remembers is he was carrying the small child to the omegas room, then he's falling to the floor and the boy is no longer in his arms.

Wait- the boy is no longer in his arms.

Marcels vision clears real quick when he realizes that, frantically patting himself down(tho is serves no purpose he still does it), looking all around him like a crazed mad man.

His breathing calms down when he spots Oliver, only to pick up when he sees his brother, holding a greasy looking man by the back of the neck.

"Marcy! Good to see you're awake!" Harry says enthusiastically, acting as if he wasn't scruffing someone.

"Harry... what are you doing?" He asks skeptically, eyes widening when he sees Liam and Zayns unconscious bodies below him.

"Saving lives dearest brother. Saving lives" Harry replies, a bright smile on his face.

Marcel just raised an eyebrow, stepping over Liams body and closer to the blond child.

He hadn't been able to find any tiny pants and the hospital didn't have any small toddler boxers so he had to settle for a nappy until further notice.

"Let's go see your mummy yeah?" He said, reaching down to offer his hand to the kid.

He smiled a bit when the boy clung to his arm, small hands wrapping around his wrist.

"Mummy sleepin?" Oliver asked, pointing a small finger towards Louis' unconscious figure.

"Yeah, mummy's sleeping" Marcel said, hoisting the child into his hip.

He was so caught up with the little boy he almost didn't notice his older brother, openly allowing a kid to sit on his lap. They were even laughing!

If Marcel wasn't feeling the kicking of the child on his hips, he would have thought he was dreaming.

The Edward Styles, a large, rough man, was giggling with a child.

A child he didn't know, in hospital room of an unconscious omega that they only knew the last name of.

Marcel didn't know what his life was turning into.

The groans of Liam and Zayn finally waking up pulled Marcels attention from his brother.

"Fucking hell" Liam groaned, hand on his head.

"Uh... can we get water?" Zayn asked snarkily, pulling a, do-your-fucking-job face to a beta nurse that was just standing by and not doing anything.

"Why are the cops here?" Liam questioned, looking at the four cops that were taking a statement from Harry and putting an older alpha in handcuffs.

"It's been an interesting day" is all Harry said, turning back to the cop.

The two confused alphas just accepted the water of the nurse who finally came back, confusedly standing by while people bustled by them.

"I would say the reason he's still out is severe touch deprivation. He doesn't have a mating mark and his file had no spouse or mate marked. Omegas were not crafted to be alone, their inner omegas need an alpha, or even a beta, to help care for them. In this case, he's had to play both roles, taking a severe toll on his omega. He may not look like it on the outside, but if he doesn't get an alpha soon or find a mate of some sort, he's going die" Liam concluded, ending his doctors note in a very serious tone.

"How long do you think he has?" Edward asked, arms rocking the sleeping child in his arms.

"With the severity of the situation and considering these boys are six years old, I would say no more than a year. Possibly six months" Zayn added onto his husbands conclusion.

"Shit"

Everybody who was awake in the room nodded, all looking sadly at the omega on the bed.

If he died, the children would have to go into the system. Liam and Zayn looked into his file. What they saw wasn't good. He had no relatives and no close friends or relations they could go to.

While everybody else's thoughts were filled with the thought of the small omega dying, Edwards were filled with thoughts of a family and mating.

He wasn't going to let the omega die. He would do what he could to prevent it.

Even if it was the last thing he did.

I feel like I could've done better in this chapter but it's fine. I've written worse so whatever

Who's yours favorite character?

Can't be Niall cuz he hadn't been introduced yet

I'm going on a two night and three day camping trip starting tomorrow but that won't affect this update schedule because I'll just post this before i go and another one isn't due till next week and I'll be back by then

So yeah

Here's a scarily good fan edit that keeps me up at night

This picture will forever haunt my existence